• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Birthday Mike Trout!

Chuck

1 hour ago, DCAngelsFan said:

I remember dragging my daughter to see an Orioles game 'cause he'd been called up and I wanted to see him.

I think that was the game that the Orioles pitcher broke the home plate umps toe in warmups, knocking him out then Santana shit the bed in the first inning, giving up 5 runs, and basically ending the game, on a not-very-pleasant evening in Baltimore.

I remember telling her about Trout "See that kid?  A lot of people are saying he's going to be the next Mickey Mantle."

I remember sitting with all the Milford LL Baseball jackets - seeming to feel a little intimidated being there in a foreign ballpark, not rooting for any team, just quietly watching the game.

Trout struck out twice, and had an error, and an infield single.  

She didn't believe me what I said about Mickey Mantle.

That was last season. 

Oh, wait - that was 10 years ago ... 🙄🧑‍🦯

Feck.  

When I was a kid we lived in Springfield Virginia. My first baseball game ever was during Cal Ripken‘s rookie year at Memorial Park in Baltimore. I remember my dad telling me how special he was going to be. The thing I remember most was how long it took us to get out of the stadium parking lot. 

Edited by Jason

2 hours ago, Jason said:

When I was a kid we lived in Springfield Virginia. My first baseball game ever was during Cal Ripken‘s rookie year at Memorial Park in Baltimore. I remember my dad telling me how special he was going to be. The thing I remember most was how long it took us to get out of the stadium parking lot. 

Some things never change ... 🙄  

It was built in a residential area of Baltimore, so I imagine it was gridlocked.  It was torn down, but they built a baseball/football field in the footprint, so it's sort of still there.  

14 hours ago, Jason said:

It was Memorial Stadium.  My first major league game ever - 1977, Orioles vs. White Sox.  I went to games in Ripken's rookie year as well.  I am not sure I have any better childhood memories than going to Memorial Stadium for Orioles games.  I can still vividly remember so much.

If you parked in the parking lot in front of the stadium, they parked 'em bumper to bumper.  You weren't getting out until everyone else was.  Damndest thing.