• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What would you change if the Angels were to rebrand?

mmc

What would you change if the Angels were to rebrand?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What would you change if the Angels were to rebrand?

• City name (from LA to Anaheim, California, something else)
    • Team name (Angels to something else)
    • Uniforms
    • Logo
    • Color Scheme
    • I wouldn't change anything about the current brand

The Angels uniforms were awesome 20 years ago. You know who else was awesome 20 years ago? Creed. Limp Bizkit. Nickelback. 

If you have something timeless, you keep it. Bleached (frosted) tips, spiked hair and JNCO jeans aren't timeless, they're a fad, and that's basically what the Angels uniforms are. 

Change it, find a classic look that you can keep henceforth and won't be outdated in five years. Re-add Navy blue to the color scheme. Or, forget the classic look and do what the University of Oregon does and keep a fresh stream of uniforms that keep you at the forefront on fashion. 

But the only wrong thing to do is to keep one shitty style and maintain it forever. The guy that's 45 and still dresses like a Backstreet boy isn't cool, he's pathetic. 

I think pretty much every agrees the Angels need to change it up, the only disagreement it seems, is just how much. 

Edited by Second Base

26 minutes ago, ScottT said:

With some alterations, sure. The v neck pullover thing looks dumb to me.... and the waistband is a bit much, but more blue... some gold/yellow... would be fantastic 

Agreed. Some alterations to the design would be ideal. The hat and “A” logo are perfect.

If anything I’d just like to see our current logo with a blue jersey and gold halo.

33 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is that just a MLB thing, hence Golden State Warriors is still allowed?

I was under the assumption that the angels can’t realistically go back to using California in their name since they would be stealing market share from the other teams in the state. But it’s a baseless assumption.

For the record, I would prefer the name “California Angels,” and I think abandoning it was a huge blunder.

But, changing the name again would further embarrass this franchise. I mean the constant name changes and brand dysphoria must be a record at this point.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

name: Anaheim Angels

uniforms: the 93-96? version (the one right before the disney winged A)

colors: keep the colors, but work in more a lot more navy blue, return the halo to the top of the hat, change the hat logo so that it isn't that ridiculous red on red

images.jpg

Yup, this would work for me as well. It’s my favorite look the team has ever worn. As Tank said, all it really needs is the classic halo stitched onto the crown of the cap. It’s a truly unique and clever design feature that they never should have abandoned.

My vote, return to the California Angels. As far as uniform and colors, return to the classic retro uniforms they wore last weekend. 

if they keep the same uniforms and color scheme they have now at least get rid the red on red on the hat. Make the A on hat white similar to the hat they wore for the 4th of July weekend. 

image.jpg

I'd just change uniforms.

I like the Home Whites and Road Grays, but would have an Alternate Color for both, Red Tops and White Bottoms for Home, Navy Blue Top and Gray Bottoms for Road?