• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Andrew Heaney to the Yankees for Janson Junk and Elvis Peguero

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels trade Andrew Heaney to the Yankees for Janson Junk and Elvis Peguero
1 hour ago, Lazorko Saves said:

I did not paste that in 6 times.  I think the board software AI just liked that so much it did that on its own.

Any idea why it’s so amazing that Junk is starting today?  I’m slow today (just the once).

• 1 month later...

I still think some team will find a way to unlock Heaney and get an excellent season or two out of him. Maybe not next year. But I think it will happen. I would say Tampa, but Heaney in the AL East could be a disaster (as we've seen) no matter how good Tampa is at fixing pitching. I could say Oakland or even Texas, but the AL West is so familiar with him that might not work either. 

I'm going to guess San Francisco.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I still think some team will find a way to unlock Heaney and get an excellent season or two out of him. Maybe not next year. But I think it will happen. I would say Tampa, but Heaney in the AL East could be a disaster (as we've seen) no matter how good Tampa is at fixing pitching. I could say Oakland or even Texas, but the AL West is so familiar with him that might not work either. 

SF definitely a good place for a lefty with a penchant for serving up home runs

one of my co-workers is a diehard dodger fan and just last week was telling me how heaney seemed to be pitching well for the yankees. this happened right after he was sent down to tampa.

please, perry, stay away from heaney.

17 minutes ago, totdprods said:

the AL east is mostly a HR paradise.  The AL west is probably his best option.  If he couldn't succeed in a relatively low stress hitters park then he's likely not going to anywhere else.  I don't think there is anything to unlock.  His time with the halos is probably the best he's ever gonna be.  He might actually make a solid reliever.  

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/10/yankees-dfa-andrew-heaney-brody-koerner.html
In 35 2/3 innings with the Yankees, Heaney limped to a 7.32 ERA — due largely to an untenable 13 home runs allowed during that stretch. His 2021 season will come to a close with 129 2/3 frames of 5.83 ERA ball. To his credit, Heaney was markedly better than league-average in terms of strikeout rate (26.9%), walk rate (7.3%), swinging-strike rate (12.5%) and opponents’ chase rate (35.7%). Fielding-independent metrics like xERA (4.01), xFIP (4.12) and SIERA (3.84) all felt he pitched better than that ERA would suggest, but Heaney’s sky-high 2.01 HR/9 mark and 18.1% homer-to-flyball ratio torpedoed his earned run average. Given his mounting troubles keeping the ball in the yard, it’s not a surprise that the Yankees are electing to remove him from the postseason equation — particularly in advance of a sudden-death Wild Card showdown with the Red Sox.”

Was Heaney just unlucky in the Bronx, under too much pressure or was there a matter of foreign substance not being used with his new team?

9 minutes ago, HanfordGuy said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/10/yankees-dfa-andrew-heaney-brody-koerner.html
In 35 2/3 innings with the Yankees, Heaney limped to a 7.32 ERA — due largely to an untenable 13 home runs allowed during that stretch. His 2021 season will come to a close with 129 2/3 frames of 5.83 ERA ball. To his credit, Heaney was markedly better than league-average in terms of strikeout rate (26.9%), walk rate (7.3%), swinging-strike rate (12.5%) and opponents’ chase rate (35.7%). Fielding-independent metrics like xERA (4.01), xFIP (4.12) and SIERA (3.84) all felt he pitched better than that ERA would suggest, but Heaney’s sky-high 2.01 HR/9 mark and 18.1% homer-to-flyball ratio torpedoed his earned run average. Given his mounting troubles keeping the ball in the yard, it’s not a surprise that the Yankees are electing to remove him from the postseason equation — particularly in advance of a sudden-death Wild Card showdown with the Red Sox.”

Was Heaney just unlucky in the Bronx, under too much pressure or was there a matter of foreign substance not being used with his new team?

He sucked here, too. Has nothing to do with luck.  Every year, people keep waiting for him to live up to his hype.  It's not going to happen. He's just not good. 

12 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He sucked here, too. Has nothing to do with luck.  Every year, people keep waiting for him to live up to his hype.  It's not going to happen. He's just not good. 

I still can’t believe the Yankees wanted him with that short porch. Blows my mind.