• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Andrew Heaney to the Yankees for Janson Junk and Elvis Peguero

mmc

I'm fine with both of the trades that were made today, given that neither guy would be back next season and the Angels got a volume of interesting-if-unspectacular guys back.  But aside from maybe seeing Detmers in the rotation to replace Heaney, I'm not sure these moves (or the moves that weren't made) make fans any more excited about the rest of the season.  Seems like the Angels run a realistic risk of being 8+ games back from the 2nd WC if/when Trout, Rendon, and Walsh come back.  That won't exactly make for an exciting finish, plus there won't be any new players to focus on/get interested in. 

I still would have preferred a bigger sell-off, but as others have mentioned, that's just not the Angels' style and it doesn't look like it ever will be under this ownership.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I'm thinking of changing my name to "The True Grich"

How about something mysterious like "The Unbearable Lightness of Grich"?

Will instantly heighten interests in your posts.

Took that from a movie that nobody here has probably heard of because they're too young.

7 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Can’t wait for Gubi to say “Maddon is on the top step, looks like he can’t wait to get out there and pull Junk”

He gets one visit an inning, but don’t forget the sticky substance enforcement.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

How about something mysterious like "The Unbearable Lightness of Grich"?

Will instantly heighten interests in your posts.

Took that from a movie that nobody here has probably heard of because they're too young.

True Gritch, I’m sure someone would be willing pick icon too if you like.