• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: A's @ Angels (7/29/21): Bundy on the mound, Marsh back in CF

19 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Remember, this year the focus was on establishing a pitching and defense approach to run prevention.  I wonder if Minasian is open for some feedback?

The clubhouse chemistry has been awesome.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

So who should have pitched?

I would love to tell you that answer, but, the person's whose job it is to provide it is the same individual who has made some absolutely boneheaded calls with regards to the pitching all season. Of which, tonight, was just another example of, given that each is a known liability that points to a odd lack of post-season planning as well!

1 hour ago, SurfWriter said:

I'm not sure what thread is best to post this in, but I want to comment on the current Angels situation and the trades taking place in MLB.  I see the Yankees and Dodgers, for example, bolstering their teams with top-quality pitchers and hitters, mostly in exchange for minor leaguers.  With one day left before the trade deadline, the Angels seem to be doing nothing.  Scherzer and Trea Turner to the Dodgers, really?  The rich keep getting richer and the poor Angels keep struggling to stay at .500 with several of their primary offensive talent injured, their pitching staff inconsistent at best, and Ohtani trying to carry a team that in some ways doesn't deserve him.  I know that dealing in trades is complex and there may be some reasons why the Angels have been unable to make a move like those other, stronger teams are doing.  But it sure looks like poor management decisions to me.

bolstering the team for what?  to finish 3 games over .500 instead of right at it?  the only thing they should be bolstering right now is their farm system by off loading their expiring players.  

7 hours ago, khouse said:

I would love to tell you that answer, but, the person's whose job it is to provide it is the same individual who has made some absolutely boneheaded calls with regards to the pitching all season. Of which, tonight, was just another example of, given that each is a known liability that points to a odd lack of post-season planning as well!

Cool, the guy, who I am no fan of either, got the pitching calls right.  They gave up only four runs on the game. The bats didn’t show up.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Cool, the guy, who I am no fan of either, got the pitching calls right.  They gave up only four runs on the game. The bats didn’t show up.  

They're like 10-42 this year when scoring 4 or fewer runs, so they've been fully reliant on the offense carrying them. of course when 3 of the top 4 hitters are injured they stop scoring