• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Wilson is not a bad pitcher

Scott34

During the off season last year I wasn't as gung ho about the thought of signing CJ to a big contract as many were. I likened him to a Jerrod Washburn type. Maybe that was a little harsh, but we'll see. As it turned out, CJ was given a team friendly deal in my opinion, and might turn out to be better than a Washburn type. I was quite impressed with his first half numbers and firmly believe the bone spurs squashed what was going to be his best year to date. If anything, I think more highly of him for playing through the pain. Despite the poor second half, I’m glad we made the deal we did, and that he is a part of this team. 

• 2 years later...

Third inning today isn't making me feel good about him. Got two quick outs, gave up a hit, then couldn't find the strike zone and walked two straight batters on nine pitches. Too often last year, that scenario turned into three runs and knocked him out of the game.

That inning was typical CJ. That's going to happen no matter what. The difference between last year and others was him being able to get out of it without giving up runs. He was able to work out of it there so we will see if he can continue to do that this year.

Third inning today isn't making me feel good about him. Got two quick outs, gave up a hit, then couldn't find the strike zone and walked two straight batters on nine pitches. Too often last year, that scenario turned into three runs and knocked him out of the game.

Too often, he doesn't trust his stuff and is afraid to challenge hitters. The nibbling begins and before you know it he's in real trouble.

That needs to stop.

man i root for him...every once in a while he can go thru a stretch and give you 4 solid innings where he looks masterful....he is probably the most susceptible pitcher we have to the ump squeeze.  he was not getting the same calls bum got that is for sure.     i think  no matter what cj does...he will average the year close to a 4.5 era....and that is not the end of the world at this point....money is spent and now need innings...maybe he can surprise us and really grind it close to 4 and 15 wins.