• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels DFA Alex Claudio to make room for Barria

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Cishek isn't as bad as he's perceived

You are correct, he is actually worse.  Cishek has mastered the ability to enter a game with inherited runners, allow a couple hits allowing those inherited runners to score, and then getting the last out before the hits he allowed score.  The other pitcher's ERA increases and Cisheks ERA decreases.  It makes him look like he is doing one helluva job.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

You are correct, he is actually worse.  Cishek has mastered the ability to enter a game with inherited runners, allow a couple hits allowing those inherited runners to score, and then getting the last out before the hits he allowed score.  The other pitcher's ERA increases and Cisheks ERA decreases.  It makes him look like he is doing one helluva job.

I don't disagree - he's been shit at allowing inherited runners to score. 

It comes down to usage - he's being trotted out as our high-lev guy after Iglesias, at least on par with Mayers (who has also been pretty awful) and it's flatly not working. 

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I don't disagree - he's been shit at allowing inherited runners to score. 

It comes down to usage - he's being trotted out as our high-lev guy after Iglesias, at least on par with Mayers (who has also been pretty awful) and it's flatly not working. 

But yet.......he is still used in this way.  How about letting the starter go a little further?  How about trying someone else?  How about doing a better job during the off season in finding average relief pitchers.  I understand the volatility of a bullpen, but Cishek and Claudio have been remarkably consistent.  Mayers is nearing that level of consistency.

To be honest... You can't continue to slide someone into a position where they won't be effective and expect them to!

Claudio is a Loogie! Not a dude to bring in with runners on with a righty up to bat with 1/2 outs in the 6th/7th! And then run them out there the next inning against right handed hitters! Claudio also has gotten hurt by the over shift!

Same goes for Cishek, he has always done better starting an inning. Problem is, if his stuff take a few pitches to get going. Then you place yourself at a disadvantage!

That's why you have situational arms and you are to use them accordingly!

For a team that over shifts with regularity, is more focused on velo and spin rate! You would believe they would also understand the situations of bullpen usage and analytics for that....

31 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I felt like pho so I came and got some and the restaurant hasn’t put the Angels game on (usually they do)

anyway there’s this movie on with James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Angelina Jolie and some hot blonde that i don’t think I’ve seen before.  This movie seems dumb as fuck based on the 10 mins I’ve seen.  Anyway, based on what you guys are saying about this game I haven’t asked them to change it over. 

Stick with the hot blonde unless you like fake tits

Edited by Revad

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Quintana has been better of late, and Cishek isn't as bad as he's perceived...he just shouldn't be the second-best arm in the pen. More like fourth or fifth.

Cischek is shit. That's not perception, it is fact. Over 50% of inherited runners score when he takes the mound. That's shit. 

9 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Claudio is a Loogie! Not a dude to bring in with runners on with a righty up to bat with 1/2 outs in the 6th/7th! And then run them out there the next inning against right handed hitters! Claudio also has gotten hurt by the over shift!

He's 100% a loogie, which given the 3 batter minimum it means he's a relic from the past.  You can still make it work, but you have to pick your spots