• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Look what you can get for $1.7M in LA!

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I don't think you understand the nuance here of our conversation. It is based on living within your means rather than what you can afford today. 

Gotcha. Just remember that living within your means also involves taking taxes into account. Death and taxes, you know.

14 minutes ago, Pine Trees said:

makes sense. millennials are the worst saving gen and value home ownership the least.

down payment is typically the number one reason millennials claim they can't buy. can't save 3%? you needed 20% 40 years ago which is still significantly higher than today's 3%. 

yet about 45% of millennials own homes.

It's almost as if housing costs have increased far quicker than the rate of inflation.

If you want to pay $1m+ to live near a major city and deal with the taxes, traffic, pollution, etc, that's just a personal choice and I don't really see how that's a problem related to housing price inflation. There are still plenty of areas in the US with affordable house prices, and you could always explore options outside the US (since most jobs these days that pay well enough to support buying a house to begin with are gradually switching to remote anyway). 

I have a friend who bought a single floor condo in a walkup in Chicago for $770k. Another friend bought a house in the suburbs with 30% more square footage for $550k. Both work remote, and the guy in the suburbs does more activities in the city anyway, while the other just complains about noise and taxes while standing firm in his decision. Never understood this honestly. 

40 minutes ago, Pine Trees said:

real estate appreciates faster than inflation. that means buy as soon as can. priced out? move or change careers. and take steps that help with buying: build great credit, save money and invest, have a stable work history, make yourself more valuable in the job market, and/or marry rich.

LOL, as if any of those things are easy for the vast majority of the population. Moving, changing careers, marrying rich aren't things that someone can just wake up and decide to do.

I say this as someone who was able to change careers recently, thanks to personal connections I have. And we'll likely be moving soon because of how expensive it's gotten in SoCal. But I recognize that not everyone has the same privileges I have.

4 hours ago, Pine Trees said:

actually, that's exactly how you do it. you wake up and change your situation. significantly easier these days than for any previous generation. 

best of luck and congrats on your bright future.

How old are you? You sound like the kind of guy who thinks it's still possible to get a job by having a firm handshake.