• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How would you construct our current bullpen, using only players already in our organization? (MLB players, prospects minor leaguers)

mmc

Curious to see how you guys would ideally construct our bullpen based on what we currently have in the system, both at the MLB and minor league levels?  Don't add players from other organizations because I'm only interested on what you'd do with we already have.

I'd like to see Iglesias, Mayers, Quintana, Wantz, Higgins, Tyler, Guerra (mop up), and Cishek

13 minutes ago, mmc said:

Curious to see how you guys would ideally construct our bullpen based on what we currently have in the system, both at the MLB and minor league levels?  Don't add players from other organizations because I'm only interested on what you'd do with we already have.

I'd like to see Iglesias, Mayers, Quintana, Wantz, Higgins, Tyler, Guerra (mop up), and Cishek

You've got the right idea, mine AA-AAA for guys who can get outs on their own.  You've also got Naughton in AAA who might be a solid long man spot starter.

Iglesias is fine as closer

Put Suarez as the setup guy. 

Barria in his Spot.

Call up Ortega and Hernandez. Both guys have closer stuff. if one dominates and can settle in as a setup man, put Suarez back in the Rotation. 

Cishek and Watson in the 5th/6th inning role

Wantz as a long reliever.

have Mayers throw more slider and fastballs.

if you don't care about development, you can probably add Davis Daniel and Chris Rodriguez to the bullpen and improve it immediately. 

Asking with Ortega and Hernandez. Once he's healthy, throw Stiward Aquino into the fire in AA, and see how he does. He is certainly not a starter. 

52 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

The problem is they are throwing too many pitches within each at bat.

CL - Raisel

Setup - Mayers

Setup - CROD 

7th inning - Wantz/Cishek

Loogie - Watson

Long Man - Pena

I forgot Pena was even on the team. CRod is fine in the BP for now, but he should eventually become a starter.

7 minutes ago, failos said:

I’d like to see Canning more since he’s not a starter anymore. He’s definitely better than guys like Shitshek, Mayer’s, or Guerra.

I wouldn't give up on Canning so quickly. It's evident that he's been working at less than 100% while simultaneously trying to fix something on the fly in the major leagues. If course he was going to fail. No one can succeed in those conditions.

Truth is, he needed to go down with an "injury" a while ago, not only to rest his arm, but to get a lengthy rehab assignment in where he irons some things out.

There's a reason why he was successful in college. There's a reason he was a first round talent they were fortunate to get in the second round. There's a reason he was a top 100 prospect before debuting. 

You just need to trust the process. The kid has had three different pitching coaches in the last three years teaching him different things. He's a bit discombobulated at the moment. But given enough time to heal up, take a breath, simplify things and get back to having fun and attacking hitters and you'll see him develop into a pretty solid starting pitcher. 

He'll be fine. It's just going to take a bit of patience and time.

I’m deviating from the original question, but first and foremost Wise needs to be gone as pitching coach. Maddon is the manager and has to defend some of his baffling bullpen usage, but I would think much of that comes from input from Wise. 

I’m sure Maddon has a pretty good list of potential pitching coaches.  Callaway at the time was a great hire - too bad they didn’t know about the skeletons in his closet.  

Edited by bruin5
No changes

How bout we get a few good starters...trade for that Rockies guy...or equivalent.

(Adell..Canning..good prospect not Marsh)

This is where Arte needs to spend if he wants to win.

Sign 2 of three Scherzer..Gausman ...Stroman

Extend Cobb.

Rotation...2 FAs..trade...Ohtani..Cobb..Sandoval

Extend Iglesias...

Dont spend money in the BP with the exception of Iglesias and one other bonafide reliever

..Use our youngsters in the BP...who.have had some success there.

Iglesias...addition..C rod..Suarez..Barria..Bachmann ? 

Arte is going to have to spend if he wants to win...bottom line!!

A lot of talent in that BP without spending a ass load of money. 

Its do or die IMO in the next couple years...You're never gonna have the elite talent u have right now again..

Trout,Ohtani, Rendon,Fletcher

1 hour ago, bruin5 said:

I’m deviating from the original question, but first and foremost Wise needs to be gone as pitching coach. Maddon is the manager and has to defend some of his baffling bullpen usage, but I would think much of that comes from input from Wise. 

I’m sure Maddon has a pretty good list of potential pitching coaches.  Callaway at the time was a great hire - too bad they didn’t know about the skeletons in his closet.  

Don't worry, Joe Maddon will throw him under the bus soon enough.  Probably replace him with a former coach he also previously threw under the bus.

For the rest of this season anyway, see what Quintana can do in the pen.   Try moving him into a later innings role and see what happens.

Since going to it (9.1 innings), his sub 1.40 WHIP isn’t too bad and his Ks/BBs is 12/2.

They’re 7.5 games back of the A’th.   Not going to the post-season this season!

Edited by Angel Oracle

15 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Iglesias is fine as closer

Put Suarez as the setup guy. 

Barria in his Spot.

Call up Ortega and Hernandez. Both guys have closer stuff. if one dominates and can settle in as a setup man, put Suarez back in the Rotation. 

Cishek and Watson in the 5th/6th inning role

Wantz as a long reliever.

have Mayers throw more slider and fastballs.

I think Suarez has proven himself as a starter.  Bring Barria up when they need a 6th starter.  Need a set up guy