• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Chad Johnson Situation

Unless I'm mistaken he was in there for domestic abuse related charges.  Anyone who's been in a court knows that you don't act like an idiot and you're at the judge's mercy.  Don't smack your lawyer on the ass and really don't ever do it when the judge hasn't handed down her ruling yet.  The only thing this guy has consistently done is stand out for the wrong reasons and doing so finally caught up with him so reap what you sow. 

The issue isn't whether or not he got off easy on the domestic violence. The judge had accepted the plea deal, so that issue was taken care of.

The judge sentenced him because the others in the court room were laughing. So if no one found it funny and didn't laugh, there'd be no jsil time?

I don't think the judge overreacted. He's there getting off easy for getting domestic abuse. It's not a joke.

Besides, it's not like he got 30 months

He was in court for a probation violation. this wasn't a court appearance about domestic violence.

I saw the video and no where in it did I get an idea that he wasn't taking it seriously. He did something athletes do all the time to show appreciation. The Judge even said it was because he made people laugh. So now we are imprisoning people because of reactions from the gallery?

I agree, he should have been jailed for his on field antics the last few years.