• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's (7/20/21): Suarez on the mound, Ohtani DHing, 12:37pm start time

22 minutes ago, rageous said:

Starting pitching has actually been a strength ever since Quintana and Bundy was removed from the rotation.

I bet when you remove those two the team starter ERA looks decent.

3.77 team ERA since July 3rd when Suarez replaced Bundy, 6th best in MLB.  Starters ERA since then sitting at 2.87, 4th best in MLB.  

Bullpen over that same span 5.52.... 9th worst in MLB.  Maybe even worse.  The bullpen has barely been used, second lowest innings total in MLB over that span.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Anyone still thinks Rengifo has a future here?

Realistically speaking, I imagine he's going to be in the running for the starting SS position next season.  They could still sign an Iglesias/Villar-type guy for a couple years, but if they decide to spend that money on pitching, they might look to go cheap at SS.

1 hour ago, greginpsca said:

Yankees are looking for an outfielder, according to MLBTR. If the Angels are willing to eat all but $2.5 mil for the rest of the season of Upton's contract, and some of next season, maybe, just maybe---

Upton has no trade plus owned 28 mill next year. How much do Angels eat? Trade them Eaton or Lagres.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Realistically speaking, I imagine he's going to be in the running for the starting SS position next season.  They could still sign an Iglesias/Villar-type guy for a couple years, but if they decide to spend that money on pitching, they might look to go cheap at SS.

Jose Iglesias makes 3.5 million.

Going to Rengifo doesn't save them much money.

1 minute ago, rageous said:

Jose Iglesias makes 3.5 million.

Going to Rengifo doesn't save them much money.

I understand that.  But if they're up against a line they don't want to cross, I'm just saying they might spend that on a position other than SS, that's all.  I don't want Rengifo to be the starter, either.  I'm just saying that it's at least a possibility.

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I understand that.  But if they're up against a line they don't want to cross, I'm just saying they might spend that on a position other than SS, that's all.  I don't want Rengifo to be the starter, either.  I'm just saying that it's at least a possibility.

Which makes Moreno a questionable owner for never, eeever wanting to cross that line even for just one season and even just to make the right upgrade.