• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's (7/20/21): Suarez on the mound, Ohtani DHing, 12:37pm start time

16 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Nice try. 

Last year, they didn’t have Ohtani. Take out his games pitched (14) and his runs (28), and they are up to 5.75 per game. Which is…last. .07 worse than the Diamondbacks. 

I always love the “if you take out” posts.  If you take out all the runs the starters gave up they’d have a 0.00 era. 

2 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

All this said, call me naive and dumb. I still think a run in the next 12 games can save their season. 8-4, 9-3. Gotta happen. Get Upton back, get Trout back, get a pitcher and make a run. I won’t stop watching even if Arte is too busy counting his money to watch. 

Honestly, an 8-4 run might get them a game or two closer to the A's at best.  And there's still the other 4 teams.  I'm not going to stop watching, either, but I'm just trying to set realistic expectations for the rest of the season.

It's gotten to the point that you are forced to watch for individual players progress rather than worry about results as a team. It seems the pitching is so fragile, and injuries so debilitating that they never will go on winning streaks that bring them much higher in the standings. 

Watching Ohtani's historic season, Walsh's maturation, Fletcher pounding out hits are the high points. Observing the younger players and projecting into the future is also important. Especially on the pitching side. 

There will be some new faces also that will or will not be part of the future.

The other thing will be if the lineup is filled with all the injured players back. But by then it may be hopeless to come close to contention. But possibly a sneak preview of what could ideally happen in 2022. 

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Honestly, an 8-4 run might get them a game or two closer to the A's at best.  And there's still the other 4 teams.  I'm not going to stop watching, either, but I'm just trying to set realistic expectations for the rest of the season.

I hear you. Their only hope is really a prolonged stretch after Trout and Upton come back. I wouldn’t mind a trade of a minor prospect for a reliever with control. 

2 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

It's gotten to the point that you are forced to watch for individual players progress rather than worry about results as a team. It seems the pitching is so fragile, and injuries so debilitating that they never will go on winning streaks that bring them much higher in the standings. 

Watching Ohtani's historic season, Walsh's maturation, Fletcher pounding out hits are the high points. Observing the younger players and projecting into the future is also important. Especially on the pitching side. 

The other thing will be if the lineup is filled with all the injured players back. But by then it may be hopeless to come close to contention. But possibly a sneak preview of what could ideally happen in 2022. 

To each his own.  I can't remember anything particular about any of Trout's MVP seasons.  I can remember 1995, 2002, 2004 and 2005 like it was yesterday.  I can remember details of arguing here about Hamilton sitting in the dugout during the last playoff appearance. 

This sucks.

16 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Pitching aside, this lineup, when healthy, is among the best in baseball and very exciting to watch. Even with the injuries, it is still a good lineup to watch. As far as winning, baseball has and always will be a pitchers sport. It just sucks it took 10 years for this Angels team to figure that out.