• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wish we still had Jahmai Jones....

He's having a good year in AAA (hitting for average, getting on base, decent power and speed, adequate defense), and quite frankly, they could've used him in the outfield or even at 2B with Fletcher moving to 3B. Seems like he may have been an upgrade over Lagares and Mayfield. And his clubhouse presence is still second to none. 

I'm glad they brought in Cobb and still would've found a way to complete that deal, but I definitely regret paying the price we did. 

Edited by Second Base

25 minutes ago, Second Base said:

He's having a good year in AAA (hitting for average, getting on base, decent power and speed, adequate defense), and quite frankly, they could've used him in the outfield or even at 2B with Fletcher moving to 3B. Seems like he may have been an upgrade over Lagares and Mayfield. And his clubhouse presence is still second to none. 

I'm glad they brought in Cobb and still would've found a way to complete that deal, but I definitely regret paying the price we did. 

First I'm glad Jam Jones is doing well and hope he becomes big time player for Baltimore. Everytime a halo is traded and does well a lot of fans start crying. To get someone you have to give something up. Cobb has pitched well for halos and I wish they extend him for 2 more years. Please people stop crying over these trades. Should be crying over the bad contracts halos do. Rendon 38mill for 5 more years.

14 minutes ago, mmc said:

Despite all that great AAA play, the Orioles, a team entirely focused on developing young roster players this season, hasn’t deemed him worth of being in the MLB.

They can justify keeping him in AAA the entire season and save their options and service time. 

Let me reiterate, I am glad they brought in Cobb. I just wish they could've done it without Jones. 

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

First I'm glad Jam Jones is doing well and hope he becomes big time player for Baltimore. Everytime a halo is traded and does well a lot of fans start crying. To get someone you have to give something up. Cobb has pitched well for halos and I wish they extend him for 2 more years. Please people stop crying over these trades. Should be crying over the bad contracts halos do. Rendon 38mill for 5 more years.

You’ve repeatedly said you want him traded

39 minutes ago, Second Base said:

You regret losing Jahmai Jones who have underperformed for several years now and couln't move past AA in our system?

Jones is getting on base at a good clip, nearly .400 OBP.

Glad to have Cobb, and please keep him!

Also wish the Halos could have traded someone else instead of Jones.   Would have potentially the middle INF for 2022 (Fletcher moving to SS).

Need more guys with decent to solid OBP, already have enough power to drive them in.

6 minutes ago, Dollar Bill said:

Service time? That's only relevant if you believe he's going to play 7 years in the majors. He's almost at 7 years in the minors. 

out of high school and he's not even 24 with a year of lost development due to covid.  And it's not about how long they think he'll be in the majors but maximizing his control for when they're gonna be good again.  Or when they think they will.  

and unrelated to your post, it's not about the loss of Jam Jones.  Cobb has been very good this year helping the team to a sub .500 record almost to the deadline.  Maybe they do see some recoup in value if they now trade Cobb, which they should.  Otherwise, the move decreased the org's value.  Plain and simple.  

and most would argue that he's just a middling prospect and his loss isn't that important.  By himself sure.  And then you add another guy like him.  Then another.  And another.  Soon enough you're out half a dozen or more of those guys in the middle of your farm system to add major league support for the major league club that has done nothing.  And people wonder why we can't seem to find a way to get better long term.  

you're never going to succeed if you constantly trade away at bunch of those guys in the 40-45 FV range.   The majors are filled with those guys.  

The irony of why guys like Fletcher and Walsh were never traded when they were in the minors is that they never had enough value to get anything in return.  

8 hours ago, Second Base said:

I agree that we could use Jones right now, but Cobb has been much better than expected. Also, let's see what he can bring in via trade. The Angels might be able to get a solid 50 FV pitching prospect for him.

Sorry but I can’t get on the side of missing Jones.  We have much better players that would be blocking him.  He’s be on the 40 man roster and does he add any more value than Rojas, Mayfield, Gosselin, Ward, Rengifo, Wong, Marsh, Adell Fletcher or Iglesias?  He was used to get our second best starter this year.  He was incredibly redundant, Cobb isn’t.  It was possibly the best case scenario, we traded fringe redundancy and got a pitcher who actually performed and is a prime trade chip or extension candidate.  Being upset about losing Jones isn’t really about losing Jones, it’s about other decisions they’ve made before that.