• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why I Still Watch?!?!?

Chuck

Oddly enough, it has NOTHING to do with the team possibly making the playoffs anymore.

As a fan, it's the hunt for a Red October that drives our excitement every spring, but in addition to that hope, it's also watching some of the players that capture my interest during these terrible times.

Enter in Mike Trout and the defensive ability of Peter Bourjos, TrumBOMBS, the possibility of Howie Kendrick competing for a batting title and Jered Weaver pitching another no-hitter. Reasons to watch indeed... But witnessing Trout and Bourjos is incredibly exciting for me and like the terrible '94 club that I watched every game despite their awful record, they trotted out young exciting players such as Tim Salmon, Jim Edmonds, Chad Curtis, Garret Anderson, JT Snow, Damien Easley and older vets who all-stars in Bo Jackson and one of my favorite Angels of all time in Chili Davis..

Despite the woes of Pujols and Hamilton, I'm still hopeful these two will go off and never look back. That mildly keeps me tuning in. But we're stuck with these two. We gotta hope they turn it around.

But really, if the Angels are well out of it come late July, the fact that they may become sellers with Dipoto at the helm, REALLY excite me! Remember, it was Dipoto who really liked Corbin and Skaggs and got them for Dan Haren.

Back to Trout and Bourjos. These two are worth the price of admission. Watching them run down balls in the outfield or going over the wall to grab a HR back, or circling the bases for a triple.

Regardless of how bad things get, I will always be excited to watch Trout, Bourjos, Trumbo, and Weaver play.  Happy to see Kendrick off to a strong start this year as well, but his facepalm moments temper my excitement a bit.  

Even if we had the non-zombie versions of Pujols and Hamilton, there's just something inherently more satisfying when a homegrown player has success.  

I work out of my house so I have the game on while I'm while I'm working, but I stop what I'm working on and watch Trout every time he comes up. I also watch Albert for the same reason I used to watch Reggie when he was here. Although Reggie from 83-86 wasn't the Reggie I remembered with the A's and Yankees, he was still Reggie Jackson and the same goes for Albert.

I agree about watching the young guys play is nice as they may be special players? This week I've been on vacation and have not watched a single inning (just MLB at bat updates) and feel happy about it. The team really is embarrassing to watch at this point.

Great stuff Chuck.

I watch and attend games because they are my team. Whether they are in first or last this is the team I will always support.

Have to admit the team taking the field has performed way below expectations and they better get their act together or there will be

less interest by me.

Up until 2011 I watched because I enjoyed watching the team play.  I would get excited with the wins and down with the losses.  I think I've been watching the last 2 sesaons in April the same way (lots of hope at the beginning).  Now, unfortunately, I'm really apathetic when it comes to the team winning or losing.  It's almost comical how the team finds new ways to lose games.  Currently the only AB's I enjoy watching are Trout, Trumbo, Kendrick, Bourjos and the only pitchers I enjoy watching are Weaver, Vargas, Williams. I cannot stand watching the bullpen go to "work".  I will still go to 10+ games and watch 100+ this season but it wont be like the 25+ and 150+ like it was from 2006-2010.

The late July trade period to add new prospects excites me, along of course with seeing Trout, Trumbo, and Bourjos play, Conger progress nicely, Kendrick hitting better than he ever has; and seeing Weaver pitch like he does, seeing Vargas and Williams exceed expectations, seeing Jepsen maybe finally stay healthy for the rest of the season and dominate hitters like he has since returning from the DL, and Coello hopefully return in 2-3 weeks and get back to where he was before last week's meltdown from shoulder issue.   

I'm also intrigued to see how JeDi starts attacking the org's weaknesses over the next several months.

I continue to watch because I am an Angel fan.  Always has been win or lose.  I have followed them when the have been 20 games out.  Like Chuck, I love watching the youngsters and be optimistic about the future.  I watch and hope to see the vets turn it around and give us a glimmer of the season we expected.  

The only thing I can't watch is Blanton pitch!

I'll always watch.  I love baseball and the halos are my team.  I enjoy quality baseball played the right way and I love to see good players trying hard.  This year has been especially tough though.  Bad fundamental baseball is painful and can only be overcome by winning.