• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels management: Embarrassing us!!!

I would be ok with it, except.  

It's on Fathers Day.  That's a day of sons and dads and daughters at the park, making great Angels memories ........... of a Yankee.

Jeter Day.  Because of that day, it just looks like the Angels are blowing the Yankees now.

Speaking of blowing, no wives? What gives?

Chipper Jones is relevant because it's another example of teams throughout Major League Baseball honoring a retiring great.

Just like teams, not just the Angels by any stretch of the imagination, are doing for Rivera. It's a standard thing teams do.

Do you think if we could launch a promotional retirement campaign for the Albert Pujols and Hamilton they might actually retire?

I don't have a problem with honoring M.Rivera. As far as I can remember he wasn't involved with drunk driving, beating his wife with a phone and not taking any cheap shots at anyone. The man has been a class act and went about his business the right way. So give the man a few minutes and let the Angels brass take a few photo's with him and then beat the tar out of the Yankees so as to not allow Rivera a chance to get another save in Anaheim.

I have no problem with this. I remember when they did this for Cal Ripken Jr. when he was retiring. When someone is going to go down in the HOF, and has accomplished as much as Rivera has you expect something like this. I guarantee you Pujols, IN AN ANGELS UNIFORM, will get the same respect when he retires.

Let's be honest this is probably the least embarrassing thing to go on at the Big A this season.

Yeah this was my first reaction. Not sure when people are laughing at the angels that this will be the source. There are many better reasons for the Angels to be embarrassed.

I have no problem with this. I remember when they did this for Cal Ripken Jr. when he was retiring. When someone is going to go down in the HOF, and has accomplished as much as Rivera has you expect something like this. I guarantee you Pujols, IN AN ANGELS UNIFORM, will get the same respect when he retires.

Yup $200 million later during the 2021 season. Sigh. The Albert Pujols.

I don't have a problem with honoring M.Rivera. As far as I can remember he wasn't involved with drunk driving, beating his wife with a phone and not taking any cheap shots at anyone. The man has been a class act and went about his business the right way. So give the man a few minutes and let the Angels brass take a few photo's with him and then beat the tar out of the Yankees so as to not allow Rivera a chance to get another save in Anaheim.

I like this take on it the best.

However, if someone really has a problem with it, I suggest you use the five minutes of recognition to get a drink and a dog, use the restroom, whatever.

Screw the meaningless trinkets at the gate; buy him a car for criminy sakes. C’mon Arte, you’re better than that.