• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels management: Embarrassing us!!!

I don't recall any tribute for Chipper Jones or Bobby Cox by the Angels. Do you think the Red Sox have a tribute planned for Mariano Rivera? i highly doubt it.

I bet you the Red Sox will have a tribute, then what, will you feel better? Almost every team that plays the Yabkess will do something, nothing wrong with it.

I just love it when fans get embarrassed because of something over which they have no control or responsibility happens.  What happens when they actually mess up something for which they have responsibility?  Most likely they make up excuses, and hide somewhere until it blows over.

You know, this sounded a little weird at first but it isn't that terrible. Mo isn't some guy that other teams hate or envy. He's one of the classiest players ever aside from the fact he was the most dominant reliever ever. 

It's a fine move. 

+1.

I don't recall any tribute for Chipper Jones or Bobby Cox by the Angels.  Do you think the Red Sox have a tribute planned for Mariano Rivera?  i highly doubt it.

Did they come to Anaheim in their final seasons? I know Chipper didn't. He was honored at every ballpark he went to, even the Mets honored him.

I would be ok with it, except.  

It's on Fathers Day.  That's a day of sons and dads and daughters at the park, making great Angels memories ........... of a Yankee.

Jeter Day.  Because of that day, it just looks like the Angels are blowing the Yankees now.

It is a YANKEE series, these are the weekends that Angel season seat holders count on to get a little money back from their investment.

Let's be realistic here.

Let's face it.

If the team was in the playoff hunt and playing well, this would be the last thing anyone would give a green dookie about.

As a fan, you'd be happy to give them a little love as your team just beat them back into their hotel rooms to lick their wounds...only somehow...I don't have a lot of confidence in that.

So yeah, it's best you enjoy the ceremonial festivities.

It will likely be the Angel highlight of the day.

Being a baseball fan first, rather than putting a team above all else, I don't have a problem with this. Watch out guys, super fan. I mean is it really that big a deal? No, it is not. He's a future HOF'er that is being honored because this is his last season. I am a Red Sox fan first, but I don't have a problem with them honoring a person of Mariano's caliber. Putting fandom aside, this is baseball history and lore. I'm sure that the Red Sox will do something as well. Did you have a problem with all those ballparks playing Sweet Caroline after the Boston Marathon Bombings? It's simply about bringing baseball together, regardless of what team you root for. Get over it Halo Honk.  

We should never honor a member of another team....I don't care if he has a million saves and has not allowed a run ever....he is a Yankee and they are and always will be the enemy.

First off, the Yankee players are not the enemy. They are competitors.

Second, honoring the career of a worthy competitor, and the game's best closer, is a sign of respect.

Am I the only one that is outraged that we are honoring Mariano Rivera on Sunday in our home?  We should never honor a member of another team....I don't care if he has a million saves and has not allowed a run ever....he is a Yankee and they are and always will be the enemy.  He certainly deserves celebrating but let the Yankees celebrate him in their stadium....I certainly don't want to see it in our home!  Join me in twitter bombing the Angels in hopes that they will abandon their plans to honor the enemy in our house!

@TMedaAngels

@Angels

@EKayAngels

Since this is his retirement year and that he is a Hall of Famer I am good with it.  What bothered me about honoring Jeter last year (or was it the year before) is that it wasn't Jeter's retirement year.

Good for the Angels in showing respect for one of the game's greatest during his last visit to Angel stadium!