• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select RHP Sam Bachman, Miami (OH), 9th overall

mmc

15 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Exactly.  The Tigers have the same number of playoff appearances since 2015...I know few people on here will probably agree with me, but sometimes it's better to suck for a few years than to be mediocre.  It pays off more in the long run.  (And the Tigers had a pretty good run from 2006-2016)

We've been in the worst position. We're consistently one of the best teams who doesn't make the playoffs.  

49 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Exactly.  The Tigers have the same number of playoff appearances since 2015...I know few people on here will probably agree with me, but sometimes it's better to suck for a few years than to be mediocre.  It pays off more in the long run.  (And the Tigers had a pretty good run from 2006-2016)

I agree with you on that. 

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

man, how happy are tigers fans today? just imagine the angels adding jobe and madden in the first and supplemental rounds. talk about an injection of pitching talent. if they manage to even do marginally well with the rest of their picks they look to have had an awesome draft for their future.

nevermind tigers fans are idiots. they're pissed about jobe. unbelievable.

53 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

We're over .500 and people here lose their shit on a daily basis. Yeah, I'm not buy that people would be ok with losing for 5+ years like the Tigers are about to. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

We're over .500 and people here lose their shit on a daily basis. Yeah, I'm not buy that people would be ok with losing for 5+ years like the Tigers are about to. 

We literally have been and people are not

I like the pick.

Maybe Bachman takes an accelerated Chuck Finley approach to the rotation. I mean Finley was a 15th rounder, not 9th overall so it's different. But he was drafted in 1984, was on the Angels roster as a reliever in 1986 and was a full-time starter by 1988. Bachman could be in our bullpen this year if we are making a run in September. And he could be in the rotation by 2023.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

So why would u send down CRod to minors to work as starter? Bring him and Detmers up and put them in pen? August 1st Danish will be in pen.

In the playoffs--and conceivably during a stretch run--all bets are off in terms of pitching placement. The ones that stick out to me from the last few years are Eovaldi, Price, Urias...good starters are used in relief roles to maximize the effectiveness of the staff. If C-Rod can be stretched out as a starter, it accomplishes two things: 

1) You know whether or not he is capable of throwing 70-100 pitches in a night effectively. 
2) He can give you multiple innings (1 time through the order) down the stretch. 

Stretching him out is mostly a long-term thing. Can he handle being a starter? But down the stretch, you will need him and Detmers to pitch 2-3 innings at times. Bachman can fill a similar role this year, possibly, before he really works on his CH.