• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 MLB draft thread

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Yeah I'd prefer something more of a guarantee, and I would've picked Rocker, but to me, is undeniable Sam Bachman has the best stuff in the draft. 

We take the guy with the best stuff and people are upset? Wait.. what?? Sorry I’ll take the gamble with the guy that has the best “stuff”. It only going to get better.

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Yeah I'd prefer something more of a guarantee, and I would've picked Rocker, but to me, is inevitable, Sam Bachman has the best stuff in the draft. 

Yeah I'd prefer he be more of a Detmers (lower ceiling, higher floor) type of pick instead of starter or closer but like I said I know little or nothing about most of these guys.  The MLB draft is a major crap shoot or so it seems when you look at the results 3-5 years out. 

1 minute ago, failos said:

Yes, you are one of the dumb ones

Never have said anything to you to deserve this kind of belittling. But whatever makes you feel better. If talking shit to someone over a keyboard makes you feel good then go for it.

Just now, Bronson said:

Never have said anything to you to deserve this kind of belittling. But whatever makes you feel better. If talking shit to someone over a keyboard makes you feel good then go for it.

You just insulted our fanbase, so you indirectly insulted all of us.

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Even if his floor is elite reliever… we need that maybe more then SP so I don’t get what all the complaining is about..

If it gets to that, they will definitely need to sign a solid FA starter this off-season.   Still not convinced that Canning will make it.

12 minutes ago, failos said:

Fuuuuuck

If it makes you feel better, so have a lot of other people.  He's legit a good pick.  He's just a guy with some noise attached. I have no idea what to make about guys missing starts with minor injuries this year and what not.  Miami of Ohio isn't Vandy, they have less on the line so they are more apt to let a guy miss starts.  But the big reason Rocker has been falling was due to uneven stuff and concerns about his arm.   They are more similar than people realize.  As far as upside goes -- they both blow guys like Madden out of the water.

Just now, failos said:

You just insulted our fanbase, so you indirectly insulted all of us.

Lol really grasping with that one. I wasn’t even talking about anyone on here. I’m on here because I feel like the people here are smarter then our average fan base. Literally our entire fan base is losing shit right now over this draft pick. I was talking about them. Not you. Not anyone on this forum. 

Have you ever read our fan base comments on Facebook and Twitter? They’re pretty stupid.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So they draft the 14th ranked player in the draft, who’s a pitcher that’s throws 100 mph.  He’s said to be close to major league ready.  Fan base still shits on it.  Ok. 

I think saying the fan base shits on it is an over-reaction. There are a lot of people on this thread, including me, that are trusting Minasian made the right pick. Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So they draft the 14th ranked player in the draft, who’s a pitcher that’s throws 100 mph.  He’s said to be close to major league ready.  Fan base still shits on it.  Ok. 

Exactly. The Angels need pitchers with upside and they just drafted one. There is zero reason to be upset with this pick. 

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

If it makes you feel better, so have a lot of other people.  He's legit a good pick.  He's just a guy with some noise attached. I have no idea what to make about guys missing starts with minor injuries this year and what not.  Miami of Ohio isn't Vandy, they have less on the line so they are more apt to let a guy miss starts.  But the big reason Rocker has been falling was due to uneven stuff and concerns about his arm.   They are more similar than people realize.  As far as upside goes -- they both blow guys like Madden out of the water.

Good to hear he has upside; that is reassuring. I don’t follow prospects/drafts like you, doc, Scotty, & totdprods—so my comments are mostly reactionary and based on some basic research. I just know that Rocker was a top pick with a history of injuries but someone who could potentially play in the show ASAP.

I like Scotty, but he tends to be wrong when it comes to scouting/predictions, so I’m concerned.

Hopefully this pick works out, though. I’m not just here for the lulz.