• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Tony Reagins scapegoat vindication thread

Smh ..... some of you can't possibly know the business.  Tony was not the only person involved in making deals or decisions  .... I've seen Artie with my own eyes making deals!  How do you guys feel about how The Angels are doing now?  If Tony did what he did with NO MONEY, imagine what he could have done with a bank roll! P.S. Tony would never had LIED to Torii Hunter saying they didn't have any money!. Tony is a CLASS act and has been a CLASS act all of his life! I've know him personally for over 30 years! the proof is in the WINNING!  SMH! 

If you use this argument to defend Reagins, could it not be made to defend Dipoto as well?

Again, the record under Reagins was not because of him, it was DESPITE him. It was with pieces that were primarily put in place by Stoneman.

The position the Angels are in now is in large part thanks to Reagins.

Reagins sucked, plain and simple. The Wells trade was one of the worst moves EVER in sports. The Kazmir trade blew, the Abreu extension blew, etc. 

Dipoto has an idea of what he's doing, outside of signing Blantana. At the time of each move, almost everybody loved them. Hamilton and Pujols tanking this early wasn't expected at all. 

I know I am nit picking, but:

Wells trade was not loved by everybody.  It was about 50% it was a disaster to 25% good move to 25% hopefully its a good move.

I did like the Kaz trade and would say most people like it as well.

I hated the Abreu extension but I was in the minority

Blanton:  Who the hell liked that move?????????

You are correct Hamilton and Pujols.

Don't forget the haren trade.

We might have one of the best rotations in baseball right now and for the next few years if arte could hop in the delorean and prevent reagins from being born

Most people felt we robbed the Dbacks on the Haren trade.  No one expected Corbin to be as good as he turned out.  The big mistake of the Haren trade was there was no need.  We were already out of the race when we made the trade.  So why make it?  Why not wait and see if we could solve our pitching needs during FA.  Or maybe we should have been the sellers and not buyers.

Beltre is another good point. 

Obviously, things could be different but if we got Beltre and prevented the Rangers from having Napoli AND we had no Wells, who knows what spot the Angels would've been in then and now. 

That move might have single handedly changed this division around. 

We spent 80 million for Wells.  What the hell did Beltre sign for again?  My My how things would have been different if we would have signed Beltre, kept Napoli, traded Mathis.  We wouldn't have Freese and maybe still have PB or traded him for pitching prospects.  Huge mistake there.

This is why I started this thread. Napoli should still be here (not Reagins fault) Beltre should be here. (not Reagins fault) Wells should have never been here. (Reagins got blamed). Not saying that Reagins was a good GM but I'm sure Arte still had lots of input from Sosh and Stoneman back then. Reagins took the fall like a good company man.

In all fairness:

Where you put (not Reagins fault) is just speculation on your part.  Fact is he was the GM.  AND his job was to acquire the personal to win on the field.  Therefore those moves are his fault. 

Just like how you blame Scioscia for the failures on the field.  He is the manager, and his job is to get the most out of his personal.  Most people view the success or failure of a manager if he wins or not. 

It's funny to see all the Beltre love in this thread... I'm quite certain the overwhelming majority of people on this site were against Beltre because they were convinced he only performed in contract years.  I remember reading how most thought he never lived up to his contract in Seattle, and blah, blah, blah...

Considering his only real down years was when he was in a Seattle an extreme pitchers park, I think it was a mistake to believe Beltre only performed in contract years.