• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't have an issue leaving completely but strategically, it probably was better to leave a small presence there. 

I get what you're saying but the only problem is the Taliban was still targeting Afghan government forces even after our peace deal with them and ISIS was already in the country. Our troops being there wasn't deterring any of that. 

Warfare has just changed over time and some strategies work in certain parts of the world but don't work as well in others. It was just time to end it. 

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't have an issue leaving completely but strategically, it probably was better to leave a small presence there. 

I don't think a small presence would keep the Taliban at bay. Unfortunately, whether we left in 2005, 2010, 2015, 2020, 2021, or 2030, the same result would have occurred.

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't think a small presence would keep the Taliban at bay. Unfortunately, whether we left in 2005, 2010, 2015, 2020, 2021, or 2030, the same result would have occurred.

Maybe not but I think it does provide some level of security and it does allow the US to keep a closer eye on things that are happening. Like I said, I'm OK with having no presence there as I don't think the impact on us will be anything to concerning. 

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Almost all of the Trumpy members of AngelsWin were pro-leaving Afghanistan as recently as 3 months ago.

I was pro leaving Afghanistan during President Obama's two terms along with shutting down Guatanemo like he promised. 

That didn't happen. 

Kabul faces blackout as Taliban fails to pay the bills

Afghanistan’s capital could be plunged into darkness as the winter sets in because the country’s new Taliban rulers haven’t paid Central Asian electricity suppliers or resumed collecting money from consumers.

Unless addressed, the situation could cause a humanitarian disaster, warned Daud Noorzai, who resigned as chief executive of the country’s state power monopoly, Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat, nearly two weeks after the Taliban’s takeover on Aug. 15.

"The consequences would be countrywide, but especially in Kabul. There will be blackout and it would bring Afghanistan back to the Dark Ages when it comes to power and to telecommunications," said Mr. Noorzai, who remains in close contact with DABS’s remaining management. "This would be a really dangerous situation."

Electricity imports from Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan account for half of Afghanistan’s power consumption nationwide, with Iran providing additional supplies to the country’s west. Domestic production, mostly at hydropower stations, has been affected by this year’s drought. Afghanistan lacks a national power grid, and Kabul depends almost completely on imported power from Central Asia.

Currently, power is abundant in the Afghan capital, a rare—if transient—improvement since the Taliban takeover. In part, that is because the Taliban no longer attack the transmission lines from Central Asia. Another reason is that, with industry at a standstill and military and government facilities largely idle, a much bigger share of the power supply ends up with residential consumers, eliminating the rolling blackouts that used to be commonplace.

That, however, is likely to come to an abrupt end if the Central Asian suppliers—particularly Tajikistan, whose relationship with the Taliban is rapidly deteriorating—decide to cut off DABS for nonpayment. 

38 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

This is why we shouldn’t have brought hundreds of thousands of these people to our country 

And they are coming to take our jobs.  

Cracks me up about Trumpers is raising minimum wage for example they will say get a better job.  Next breath they say immigrants are coming to take out jobs.  Well then you need to get a better fucking job if that is the case. 

9 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

And they are coming to take our jobs.  

Cracks me up about Trumpers is raising minimum wage for example they will say get a better job.  Next breath they say immigrants are coming to take out jobs.  Well then you need to get a better fucking job if that is the case. 

lol. I’m not worried about these duckers stealing our jobs. They’re mostly lazy. Maybe a dozen or so start up a liquor store but we’ll be paying for the upkeep of most these people for several generations. If we’re lucky their crime wave stops with the half dozen rapes they have already committed. Probably more likely a few of these bastards commit some acts of terror at some point. 

Edited by Kotchman

Reminded me when the bastards went missing on post. The security  bastards made me roll down the back windows of my truck every morning. Meanwhile, terrorist were running through the town and they didn’t even warn local citizens for months.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/at-least-7-afghan-military-students-awol-in-us-this-month-pentagon-says.amp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...