• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

39 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok but real talk:

Let's get Bauer. Dodgers pay his salary? We get a frontline starter for free. If they don't he sure as hell isn't getting a lucrative deal after this mess so do it.

After missing the season with a call strain wouldn’t you be concerned Bauer would get confused and start punching Trout?

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I wonder who is more a more hated player, Bauer or Evander Kane of the San Jose Sharks.  If you haven't heard of the Kane story, it's worth a look up.  It has everything, infidelity, bankruptcy, gambling, paying for abortions.  

Bauer, because nobody knows who Kane is. 

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Kobe's greatest life accomplishment wasn't anything he did on the basketball court.  He admitted to raping a young woman, and instead of getting canceled, he became a national treasure, the greatest dad in history (#girldad) and won a frigging Oscar.

Kobe admitted to committing rape?  Seems like he would have been sentenced for that crime.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok but real talk:

Let's get Bauer. Dodgers pay his salary? We get a frontline starter for free. If they don't he sure as hell isn't getting a lucrative deal after this mess so do it.

Why not we’re paying Alberts contract to play for the Dodgers, let them pay Bauer’s contract to play for us 

2 hours ago, Hells Rainbow said:

Regardless of my position I’d have little need for a union, unless of course I sucked at my job. 

This is dumb. So only employees who suck at their jobs are treated unfairly by their employers?

24 minutes ago, Lou said:

What about people who are great at their jobs and are getting hosed by their employers over pay, benefits, retirement, etc.?

2 hours ago, Hells Rainbow said:

If you work for a shitty employer where you need the protection of a union find a better employer. 

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

He fucked her (in the ass as I recall) without her consent.

You can wordsmith all you want to figure out how that isn't rape.

Speaking of wordsmith do you think he fucked her without consent?  Or do you think while they were consensually fucking he put it in her ass without consent?  To me one is clear rape, the other isn’t nearly as clear. 

6 minutes ago, Hells Rainbow said:

Speaking of wordsmith do you think he fucked her without consent?  Or do you think while they were consensually fucking he put it in her ass without consent?  To me one is clear rape, the other isn’t nearly as clear. 

Ah, the ol' Whoopi Goldberg defense.

it-wasnt-rapeerape-whoopi-goldberg-on-ro

It is actually a stunning apology letter in its honesty.  No other high profile athlete has ever even come close to apologizing for a rape.  

I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

That is... uh, sounding a lot like... uh, something a superstar basketball player shouldn't do. I'm sure changing jersey numbers will be enough time served for... uh, not doing the right thing.

Like raping someone.