• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Giants @ Angels (6.23.2021) Ohtani on the mound & lineup, no Upton!

23 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Trades, FA market but starting with 7 cheap ones. I think halos can do better than Bundy, Heaney, Cobb. Quintana. 

Better than Bundy and Quintana, yes.  Better than Cobb and Heaney?  Maybe but maybe not. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Better than Bundy and Quintana, yes.  Better than Cobb and Heaney?  Maybe but maybe not. 

Question is do they want to resign with halos and for how much. I think Minasian waits till off season. Heaney has not looked happy being pulled by Maddon in some games.

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

Question is do they want to resign with halos and for how much. I think Minasian waits till off season. Heaney has not looked happy being pulled by Maddon in some games.

That’s pretty easy to determine. Work out an extension now.  If they pass then move them. 

7 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Question again will Minasian want them back? I'm sure he has some kind of a plan.

Ok so speculate all you want.  You know who they want back?  Mike Trout but for some reason you are hell bent on trading him.  Back to the pitching, if we went into next season with your approach on the pitching side you are basically asking Detmers and CRod to be able to go out and give us 150 innings.  CRod hasn’t given us 150 total innings since he was drafted.  He should be an option but not to start the year.

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok so speculate all you want.  You know who they want back?  Mike Trout but for some reason you are hell bent on trading him.  Back to the pitching, if we went into next season with your approach on the pitching side you are basically asking Detmers and CRod to be able to go out and give us 150 innings.  CRod hasn’t given us 150 total innings since he was drafted.  He should be an option but not to start the year.

In a 6 man rotation they do not have to throw 150 inn. We have 7 young starters now plus Minasian will add 1 or 2 more. My trading Trout is does he want to still be here after 6 losing seasons. In 2 years from now you will not be able to trade that contract and get anything in return.  When he is 33 or 34 and making 35 million till he is 39 will be on the hook for lot of money. This is the 6th straight losing season with next year many needs. 

34 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Trade them if you can.  If they want to come back re-sign them 

How often does that actually happen?  Ardolis Chapman and who else?  I’m not against trading one, he’ll trade both if in another trade you acquire an upgrade to the staff using our prospects.  Also if Cobb or Heaney reach free agency their price goes up.  

We also shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that pending free agents don’t bring back the prospect capital they once did. We truly lucked out getting Sandoval for Maldonado.  If we could get three Sandoval’s trading Iglesias, Heaney and Cobb sign me up.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

How often does that actually happen?  Ardolis Chapman and who else?  I’m not against trading one, he’ll trade both if in another trade you acquire an upgrade to the staff using our prospects.  Also if Cobb or Heaney reach free agency their price goes up.  

They are FA at the end if the year regardless.  What's the difference if they are FA as a former Angel or another team.  They are FA (unless you sign an extension).

If we can't sign them back with us then it probably means we weren't going to resign them if we didn't trade them.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

If we traded Heaney and got another Buttrey, nah.  I’d rather try to sign him to an extension.  

I am fir trying to extend them if its before the trade deadline.  However, I would rather trade Heaney for another Buttery and try to re-sign him than lose him to FA for nothing. 

We will not offer a qualifying offer so no draft pick.

25 minutes ago, stormngt said:

They are FA at the end if the year regardless.  What's the difference if they are FA as a former Angel or another team.  They are FA (unless you sign an extension).

If we can't sign them back with us then it probably means we weren't going to resign them if we didn't trade them.

I’d agree if this was something that happened more frequently.  But it virtually never happens.  I can remember Chapman.  

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

That was brutal.

But every season there are brutal losses like that.

There, that's my pep-talk.

Well done coach.  Yea, I remember I think it was 2015 a loss to the Astros where we were up 2-0 going into the 9th and I think three batters later it was 3-2 Astros.  That one hurt.