• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Nah, I got you.  Wasn't directing it at you.  In fact its not even unique to Angels fans. 

Fans just want guys to live up to their upsides that they grow impatient when they don't at hello.  And guys like Canning, who make their debuts midyear then shuttle back and forth tend to be viewed in terms of years and not innings...

He's shown he's capable, he's not yet put it all together... But it's comical how he's shit on by some.  If you're bored check out Angel Twitter's reaction to the A's trading Lizardo, the same people wanting Canning DFA'ed are amazed the A's traded him and view it as a travesty.

Dolts.

This reminds me...my next study in baseball nerdery might be looking at a largish sampling of stars to see how many PA it took for them to reach their career averages in triple-slash (or wRC+). I was just curious about the phenomena of break-outs, and how different players take different amounts of time. Joses Ramirez and Bautista vs Trout or Tatis.

Anyway, maybe I'll do the same with pitchers. While it could be long and tedious, I think this sort of info might be useful for people to understand that different guys take different amounts of time. 

15 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Just like Freddy Peralta and two others for Adam Lind.

Fwiw, if he thinks the team is legit, he's built up the prospect capital to do some spending.  Good on him.

Ms are shooting their shot, props for putting themselves in position to do so.

Sometimes grabbing an unranked, unknown lottery ticket pitcher hits .... most of the time, they do not. 

Also ... Adam Lind never hits, but that's a separate issue.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

This reminds me...my next study in baseball nerdery might be looking at a largish sampling of stars to see how many PA it took for them to reach their career averages in triple-slash (or wRC+). I was just curious about the phenomena of break-outs, and how different players take different amounts of time. Joses Ramirez and Bautista vs Trout or Tatis.

Anyway, maybe I'll do the same with pitchers. While it could be long and tedious, I think this sort of info might be useful for people to understand that different guys take different amounts of time. 

I know I give you a hard time and I do that often, but I think this would be an interesting read.

7 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Rather go for Alcantara. Lopez has missed time with shoulder injuries in 3 of the last 4 seasons now. Huge red flag to me when it comes to buying into his long-term durability

Between Alacantara and Lopez, I go with Lopez I think he has a better feel for pitching and has better command over his secondary pitches! 

2 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Between Alacantara and Lopez, I go with Lopez I think he has a better feel for pitching and has better command over his secondary pitches! 

I like Lopez more as well...I'm just saying the guy has missed multiple months in 3 of the last 4 years due to shoulder strains/rotator cuff strains. That's concerning to me. Angels have had to deal with a ton of SP injuries over the last handful of years enough as it is

32 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Rather go for Alcantara. Lopez has missed time with shoulder injuries in 3 of the last 4 seasons now. Huge red flag to me when it comes to buying into his long-term durability

That sours me on Lopez.   Shoulder issues for a pitcher?   No thank you, long term