• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Nah, I got you.  Wasn't directing it at you.  In fact its not even unique to Angels fans. 

Fans just want guys to live up to their upsides that they grow impatient when they don't at hello.  And guys like Canning, who make their debuts midyear then shuttle back and forth tend to be viewed in terms of years and not innings...

He's shown he's capable, he's not yet put it all together... But it's comical how he's shit on by some.  If you're bored check out Angel Twitter's reaction to the A's trading Lizardo, the same people wanting Canning DFA'ed are amazed the A's traded him and view it as a travesty.

Dolts.

I'm surprised in that twitter is normally a source for reasonable takes.  

28 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Nah, I got you.  Wasn't directing it at you.  In fact its not even unique to Angels fans. 

Fans just want guys to live up to their upsides that they grow impatient when they don't at hello.  And guys like Canning, who make their debuts midyear then shuttle back and forth tend to be viewed in terms of years and not innings...

He's shown he's capable, he's not yet put it all together... But it's comical how he's shit on by some.  If you're bored check out Angel Twitter's reaction to the A's trading Lizardo, the same people wanting Canning DFA'ed are amazed the A's traded him and view it as a travesty.

Dolts.

This is hilarious because it's true. I bet you can find A LOT of shit takes on Patrick Sandoval before this season.

47 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dolts.

Just for comparison I looked up Verlander and Scherzer - neither guy improved for the first three seasons, both regressed after the first couple, and each took a major step up at around the 100 starts mark aged 26/27.

At age 25 Verlander was pitching 1.403 WHIP and 4.18 FIP. Scherzer at age 26 had a 1.349 WHIP and 4.14 FIP. I also looked up deGrom, he wasn't even called up until his age 26 season.

Plenty of time for Canning to make that step up. 

TRADE these players: Cobb, (R) Iglesias,
ONE of these players: Adell, Marsh, Adams,
MAYBE these players: Canning, Heaney, (J) Iglesias, Mayers 

and you're likely return is:
-Controllable bullpen pieces to help or a Sandoval-type arm
-Top of the rotation/controllable piece from the Marlins
-Depth help

The cost for 2022 on these moves would be next to nothing. 
It'd be stupid for Minasian not to do any of these moves. Those moves alone make the Angels look significantly better for 2022. 

Edited by angelsnationtalk

43 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I love Marte but that is an expensive rental!

Not really. Marlins are paying Marte's salary.

And Luzardo is really bad now. He had a 59 ERA+, was demoted to the pen, demoted to AAA and is struggling with Las Vegas with a 6.52 ERA and fewer than 4 IP per start. He is basically the A's Dylan Bundy but with options.

Think he was no longer in the A's plans moving forward. Maybe the change of organizations will help - then again, it's the Marlins.

26 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Just for comparison I looked up Verlander and Scherzer - neither guy improved for the first three seasons, both regressed after the first couple, and each took a major step up at around the 100 starts mark aged 26/27.

At age 25 Verlander was pitching 1.403 WHIP and 4.18 FIP. Scherzer at age 26 had a 1.349 WHIP and 4.14 FIP. I also looked up deGrom, he wasn't even called up until his age 26 season.

Plenty of time for Canning to make that step up. 

I don’t think there is plenty of time for him to step up.  The Angels need better starter now.  Now.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Either way if we are buyers or sellers people will feel we overpaid or didn’t get enough for  what we sell. 

I'm looking forward to the "we could have put together a better package than that" posts