• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Which is why I was clear to say "I'm not saying they should dump him or trade him away for nothing, but I do think it is valid to think his outlook has gone down a bit."

I still expect Canning to be a solid mid-rotation starter, but people were talking #1-2. I think the over/under on him is a solid #3.

If he was a solid 2, hed be the shit. 

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

It improves them for now and I'm sure other moves coming from Oakland. Remember Marlins paying rest of salary. Oakland has never seem to be short on pitching.

It still doesn't put them over the top.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Is that the one where Brad Pitt works with Robert Redford on activism, with expensive coffee, and do lots of blogging?

yeah.  they sit around eating kale chips and lamenting about how the american dream has died while they work three hours a day and surf amazon for beard oil.  

20 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Which is why I was clear to say "I'm not saying they should dump him or trade him away for nothing, but I do think it is valid to think his outlook has gone down a bit."

I still expect Canning to be a solid mid-rotation starter, but people were talking #1-2. I think the over/under on him is a solid #3.

Nah, I got you.  Wasn't directing it at you.  In fact its not even unique to Angels fans. 

Fans just want guys to live up to their upsides that they grow impatient when they don't at hello.  And guys like Canning, who make their debuts midyear then shuttle back and forth tend to be viewed in terms of years and not innings...

He's shown he's capable, he's not yet put it all together... But it's comical how he's shit on by some.  If you're bored check out Angel Twitter's reaction to the A's trading Lizardo, the same people wanting Canning DFA'ed are amazed the A's traded him and view it as a travesty.

Dolts.

17 minutes ago, Lou said:

So Beane won the trade and lost the trade?

Something doesn't add up here.

Who said he won and he lost? It is absurd to assign winners and losers to a trade on day 1.

I think the trade was good for both teams. It's in line with their current team objectives. I see why both teams would do this. If you can't, well...

Just now, Angels Fan Forever said:

Who said he won and he lost? It is absurd to assign winners and losers to a trade on day 1.

I think the trade was good for both teams. It's in line with their current team objectives. I see why both teams would do this. If you can't, well...

I’d like to go on record as saying this trade is a bad trade for the A’s.  

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

For those frustrated that Perry hasn’t made a move yet, wouldn’t it make sense to wait till the last minute, until teams lose out on other arms, before trading off Raisel and Cobb?  

I think it will be last minute. But I'd like to see moves be made to bolster our chances for 2022++

1: Trade Raisel Iglesias and trade Cobb

2: If there is value, then trade Jose Iglesias and Andrew Heaney.

3: Work a trade for one of the Marlins' young pitchers. Alcantara, Lopez, Mayers or Cabrera should be in play. They have tons of arms, we have 3 centerfielders in the system. 

If these 3 things take place then the Angels look much better on the pitching side for 2022 in the rotation and hopefully the bullpen before even messing with free agency.

Ohtani
Marlins' pitcher
Sandoval
Detmers
Bachman
Rodriguez/Suarez/Barria/Whoever

4 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

It'll end up being a bad trade for Oakland. 

You can go ahead and love Beane.