• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

So you think 5 years of Luzardo is equal to 5 years of Adell? I don't. Luzardo?

I think it is a good trade for both teams.

The A's are going for it. This year. Marte will take all those useless PA's away from Piscotty and Brown. And with the A's payroll constraints he found a way to not add payroll. He actually reduced it because he'll get rid of an Ofer now.

The Marlins were going to lose Marte anyway so maybe they get someone who can help down the road a little. Luzardo is not very good.

I have no idea if 5 years of Adell is equal to 5 years of Luzardo, but I am pretty sure 5 years of Luzardo is more valuable than 2 months of Marte.  

2 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

So you think 5 years of Luzardo is equal to 5 years of Adell? I don't. Luzardo?

I think it is a good trade for both teams.

The A's are going for it. This year. Marte will take all those useless PA's away from Piscotty and Brown. And with the A's payroll constraints he found a way to not add payroll. He actually reduced it because he'll get rid of an Ofer now.

The Marlins were going to lose Marte anyway so maybe they get someone who can help down the road a little. Luzardo is not very good.

So would you trade 5 years of Adell for two months of anyone?  

11 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Because he hasn't improved in three seasons now, and even gotten worse. I'm not saying they should dump him or trade him away for nothing, but I do think it is valid to think his outlook has gone down a bit.

Plus, the Angels are all of a sudden relatively flush with young starters. Of course they want to hold onto them, and even more would be better, but I could see them packaging Canning with someone for a better starter.

And yet those "three seasons" amount to 209 innings, and in total he's been a league average pitcher.  Canning is less a failure than he is a pitching version of Howie.  People are letting their expectations alter their perception of him.  

Canning is kind of where John Lackey was after his third season... Viewed as a disappointment sporting a 100 ERA+...  Only over 300 fewer innings. 

In year four, he broke out.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

And yet those "three seasons" amount to 209 innings, and in total he's been a league average pitcher.  Canning is less a failure than he is a pitching version of Howie.  People are letting their expectations alter their perception of him.  

Canning is kind of where John Lackey was after his third season... Viewed as a disappointment sporting a 100 ERA+...  Only over 300 fewer innings. 

In year four, he broke out.

Which is why I was clear to say "I'm not saying they should dump him or trade him away for nothing, but I do think it is valid to think his outlook has gone down a bit."

I still expect Canning to be a solid mid-rotation starter, but people were talking #1-2. I think the over/under on him is a solid #3.

43 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Trade 5 years of Adell for Luzardo? Hell no.

But I would definitely trade two months of Starling Marte for Luzardo.

39 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

He got Marte to shore up his outfield - Piscotty and Brown are out of the mix now.

And the Marlins are paying Marte's salary!! He continues to get more value for less than anyone in baseball. 

So Beane won the trade and lost the trade?

Something doesn't add up here.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

For those frustrated that Perry hasn’t made a move yet, wouldn’t it make sense to wait till the last minute, until teams lose out on other arms, before trading off Raisel and Cobb?  

Give It To Me Want GIF

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

For those frustrated that Perry hasn’t made a move yet, wouldn’t it make sense to wait till the last minute, until teams lose out on other arms, before trading off Raisel and Cobb?  

So Minasian should be the GM that lands the premium controllable arm today, and then be in the catbird seat to deal Cobb or Heaney.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

So Minasian should be the GM that lands the premium controllable arm today, and then be in the catbird seat to deal Cobb or Heaney.

I would have no problem with that.  I do wonder what that “premium” controllable arm looks like.  If it is a cost controlled guy like Alacantra then they could still afford Ohtani’s extension.  If it isn’t then we might be in trouble shortly.