• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

NOPE...    Mostly I think this is one of those deals that should server as perspective for Angels fans..

For all the noise about how Canning sucks...  He's got a career ERA+ of 100 through age 25.   Luzardo for all the hype and top prospect noise..  87.  He's been injured more, pitched fewer innings and not come close to being the pitcher Canning has..

Canning only has 1.1 years of MLB service time.   There is value there.

There is value, and that is why I am open to moving him in a deal that achieves an upgrade.

I is actually annoying to hear trade suggestions where the Angels give up players with no value.

Moving Canning in a deal could help the Angels keep more of their true prospect capital.

10 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Angels and Marlins lineup extremely well for this. win/win for both sides if it can get done.

Perry's time in Atlanta and especially Toronto saw some pretty major trades involving lots of players swapping relatively middling teams. 

Could talk Adell and FL native Chris Rodriguez plus some fringe AAA guys like one or two of Thaiss, Rengifo, Rojas and it could net you a pretty fearsome duo or trio of arms from Miami and it would help both teams. Bender could be a huge relief get too.

Edited by totdprods

28 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Things are getting spicy!

Speaking of spicy... Never seen so much bitching and moaning after a team in the mix for the playoffs made a "go for it" trade. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/mariners-trade-kendall-graveman-rafael-montero-to-astros-for-abraham-toro-joe-smith/

Mariners may be one of the more interesting teams to watch at the deadline.  JD seems to be saying as much and now it seems the players want to see it.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

How do we match up with the Marlins? We just called our CF up from AAA.

They need boppers.  We have a potential bopper in AAA.  

I've been talking about Miami being a potential trade partner for a while now.   Their team OPS+ is 85...   They just traded their best hitter because they didn't want to extend him at even cut rate prices...  They have been making noise about moving Aguilar because he's had a good season and he may see his salary double to 8 mil.

They are one of the few teams in MLB that might see value in guys like Thaiss even Ward...   Adell is likely a wet dream for them.

33 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

That’s a bold prediction when 29 teams are not getting Scherzer.

You're acting like all 30 teams have an equal shot. The Angels are a struggling franchise with very little to offer. There are better teams that could get Scherzer a WS win this year and next, and those teams have more to offer than the Angels.

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

They need boppers.  We have a potential bopper in AAA.  

I've been talking about Miami being a potential trade partner for a while now.   Their team OPS+ is 85...   They just traded their best hitter because they didn't want to extend him at even cut rate prices...  They have been making noise about moving Aguilar because he's had a good season and he may see his salary double to 8 mil.

They are one of the few teams in MLB that might see value in guys like Thaiss even Ward...   Adell is likely a wet dream for them.

Yup - they're a team that can offer some clear playing time for guys like Thaiss, Ward, Rojas, Rengifo, even lesser guys like Lund, MacKinnon, Stefanic, and while they wouldn't be big value parts of the deal, maybe they help you bring back someone like Floro, Garcia, Bleier, or Curtiss, controllable relief arms with good numbers. Garrett Cooper or Jorge Alfaro or Miguel Rojas could all have homes here too. Barria has utility there if he's squeezed out here due to being out of options.

Adell, Marsh, Adams, maybe a SP/SS gets you talking some of their elite young arms either in the bigs or nearly MLB-ready.

We just fit.

Edited by totdprods

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You're acting like all 30 teams have an equal shot. The Angels are a struggling franchise with very little to offer. There are better teams that could get Scherzer a WS win this year and next, and those teams have more to offer than the Angels.

No I have only said the Angels could be in on this guy.

And it isn’t far fetched to think that Scherzer is not just a Lebron wanting to roll to the next team for a ring.

Some guys that want to win also want to be the reason for the winning, not just a Juno on the winning train guy.

Nobody, literally nobody, would dispute that the Angels don’t appear to be the most obvious landing spot.

But that doesn’t mean they are not i it trying and that it cannot happen.

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I still can't see it. No way I'd give up Jordyn Adams for a rental of Iglesias even though Adams is ranked 90 by FanGraphs. But that's just me.

I wouldn't either, but you have to consider context - imagine it from the perspective of the GM of a contending team needing bullpen help. Raisel is nice and shiny, especially if you have a deep farm.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

There’s zero chance they trade Raisel for older players. And I have zero idea if there’s even such thing as two top 15 relief prospects. 

Yeah, that was a head-scratcher in a few ways. HaloThunder, maybe?

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Oddly enough, the only position Adell is seni-competent at is CF. He's an embarrassment in the corners. 

And yeah, I'm guessing Miami would love to get Adell. But for me, I'm not interested in their prospects outside of Max Meyer. If I'm spending Adell (and then some), I'm expecting Alcantara. 

Keep in mind that the Marlins are also cheap -- not smart cheap like Oakland or TB, they will sell off just to rid themselves of payroll.   Worst organization in MLB on that front (IMO).

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Oddly enough, the only position Adell is seni-competent at is CF. He's an embarrassment in the corners. 

And yeah, I'm guessing Miami would love to get Adell. But for me, I'm not interested in their prospects outside of Max Meyer. If I'm spending Adell (and then some), I'm expecting Alcantara. 

I think we should be interested in a handful of arms they have. Sanchez, Meyer, Cabrera, Alcantara and Lopez are all names i'd be open to getting. 

If you can package a deal of Adams and Canning for someone like Meyer or Cabrera then I'd do it in a heartbeat. That'd be a cool dream to save Marsh and Adell and still get a solid arm back with $ control.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Keep in mind that the Marlins are also cheap -- not smart cheap like Oakland or TB, they will sell off just to rid themselves of payroll.   Worst organization in MLB on that front (IMO).

I love pulling against the Marlins.  And I want their failures to be Jeter being eaten alive by smarter GMs.

Delicious.

42 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

When it comes to Miami, Alcantara or bust.

Pablo Lopez is solid as well.

Like Alcantara, he has three more years to FA.

Add:   Both are arb eligible after the season.  That may make them more expendable than a stud prospect like Max Meyer, for a lower budget Marlins franchise.

Edited by Angel Oracle

43 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Roger Lodge took a call yesterday from someone suggesting the Angels trade Adell and Heaney for Scherzer.

I find it almost embarrassing that Lodge doesn’t have the basic insight that the Nats would have absolutely ZERO interest in Heaneys expiring contract.

I like Lodge because I think he genuinely loves the Angels but man he is hard to listen to sometimes All the time!

Fixed.

26 minutes ago, Second Base said:

5775CB48-6C71-42BC-B054-8FB11A3895B3.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yet they have one more World Series than the Angels despite being around 30 years less.