• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

I change my mind every day about what to do with Cobb and Iglesias. I think you have to hold on to Iglesias. But if a bidding war happens and we can get a real package…I don’t know. 

I think Cobb is much more valuable to us the next two years. I want to extend him. 

Trade Heaney and Suzuki. Believe it or not somebody will want Suzuki. 

13 hours ago, eligrba said:

I'm not talking shit about Dipoto until the Angels demonstrate that they can beat them.  He has built a better team with all of his tinkering than Eppler/Minasian have with the Angels.  And it pisses me off to no end to look at Servais and watch his team beat the Angels..continuously.

This sickens me at will.  

I suspect that Arte's meddling is why Dipoto was so poor with the Angels.

I also suspect that whatever the Angels do, I give 9 to 1 odds of being unhappy, based on my emotions of prior trades since the 70's.

I just cannot trust an organization that wanted Pujols, Hamilton and Wells.

I

For those hesitant to trade Raisel, consider this: He is, by far, their best trade chip. He's exactly the type of player that contending teams want right now; Cobb and Heaney have value, but not nearly as much as Raisel. 

If they don't trade him, they're doing for a 7.8% chance of reaching the postseason (per FG, which may be optimistic) and on the pipe-dream that they can extend him before he reaches free agency (or the even pipier dream of "a discount to say"), which probably has a 1% chance of happening.

On the other hand, trading him brings in a prospect who could be top 50 in all of baseball, or possibly two top 100 guys.  It would reduce their chances at the postseason by what, maybe 2%? And they still have a chance of re-signing him after the season is over.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

For those hesitant to trade Raisel, consider this: He is, by far, their best trade chip. He's exactly the type of player that contending teams want right now; Cobb and Heaney have value, but not nearly as much as Raisel. 

If they don't trade him, they're doing for a 7.8% chance of reaching the postseason (per FG, which may be optimistic) and on the pipe-dream that they can extend him before he reaches free agency (or the even pipier dream of "a discount to say"), which probably has a 1% chance of happening.

On the other hand, trading him brings in a prospect who could be top 50 in all of baseball, or possibly two top 100 guys.  It would reduce their chances at the postseason by what, maybe 2%? And they still have a chance of re-signing him after the season is over.

I don't think a rental if Iglesias brings in a top 50 type prospect. That's a huge overpay. 

BUT if it did, he should be dealt immediately. 

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I don't think a rental if Iglesias brings in a top 50 type prospect. That's a huge overpay. 

BUT if it did, he should be dealt immediately. 

Teams tend to overpay for elite closers at the deadline. I probably should have written "fringe top 50," meaning a guy in the 30-70 range. But I could see someone wanting Raisel enough to give up someone even better. If you go by Fangraphs, #18-33 are all 55 FV and #34-123 are all 50 FV. I think it possible someone gives up a 55 FV prospect for Raisel, although 50 FV is more likely.

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Teams tend to overpay for elite closers at the deadline. I probably should have written "fringe top 50," meaning a guy in the 30-70 range. But I could see someone wanting Raisel enough to give up someone even better. If you go by Fangraphs, #18-33 are all 55 FV and #34-123 are all 50 FV. I think it possible someone gives up a 55 FV prospect for Raisel, although 50 FV is more likely.

I still can't see it. No way I'd give up Jordyn Adams for a rental of Iglesias even though Adams is ranked 90 by FanGraphs. But that's just me.

41 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I you are going to trade Raisel, you better get back at least two top 15 reliever prospects, not a couple of above average 32 year olds.

There’s zero chance they trade Raisel for older players. And I have zero idea if there’s even such thing as two top 15 relief prospects. 

46 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

And I think this is something to wrap our heads around. An extension is a two-way street. Cobb has flat out said he likes it here. How do we know Iglesias does as well? And if he really likes it here that much, he would pull a Chapman and just come back after the season. Since it is so unlikely to extend him, I agree that it makes much more sense to trade him unfortunately. The Angels haven't had a trade piece like this is awhile. 

I disagree about the return however. There's no way he nets 2 Top-100 guys. No way. The days of the Chapman trade are long gone. Teams hold onto prospects much tighter now. I would love, love to trade him for 2-3 young pitchers (like the Twins return) and another guy that could help this year.