• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, mmc said:

WTF is DiPoto doing here?  Trades the M's closer to a AL West Division rival who happens to be leading the Division -- I guess he gets that INF guy Toro who might be good for two rentals -- but Joe Smith ? (DiPoto has been there done that with the Halos -- and Smith turned out to be a huge disappointment after decent pen work in Cleveland).

I guess Graveman is a rental as is Montero but the Mariners just gave the Astros assistance in the pen (where the Astros and every contender seems to need help) with those two guys. 

Seattle fans probably not very happy with DiPoto right now.

Meanwhile - Houston locks down an AL West title.

3 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Why would any team trade for Heaney?

I’m just going off of baseball reference’s listing of most comparable players, Heaney is listed as #2 behind Skaggs (R.I.P). 

Heaney should be able to fetch at least a relief prospect. He’s a LHP who is highly inconsistent. When he’s good, he’s valuable. When he sucks…he sucks. 

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Yeah I've never heard of Tejada ... Bins I have .... but neither are of any consequence for a back of the rotation starter rental.

Just like Freddy Peralta and two others for Adam Lind.

Fwiw, if he thinks the team is legit, he's built up the prospect capital to do some spending.  Good on him.

Ms are shooting their shot, props for putting themselves in position to do so.