• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

No way the Padres let the Dodgers get Scherzer. He's the playoff GOAT and the Padres can afford him more than the Dodgers can. Plus they can't let him go to their rival.

I like the Graterol idea..... a lot. 

Still would like them to at least check in with the Marlins. 
Adding to what you've proposed and including something for a frontline arm for Adell would drastically change the Angels for 2022.

Got my first deadline prediction right the way things are looking…

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t know the Dodger prospects.  What is the Angel equivalent?

I don't know but I am sure many here will type that none of our prospects are as good and the Angels couldn't match the offer. I'd have to think Adell is at least as good as one of them or better. For all we know, the Angels did offer more but Max didn't want to play here.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't know but I am sure many here will type that none of our prospects are as good and the Angels couldn't match the offer. I'd have to think Adell is at least as good as one of them or better. For all we know, the Angels did offer more but Max didn't want to play here.

Canning and Adell plus two decent prospects is the equivalent deal.

Just now, beatlesrule said:

Because you’ve been wrong in the past you take this dumb approach.  

So here is where we are at.  Ruiz I believe was the 16th best prospect in baseball.  So our closest would be Marsh at 26.  Now it is up to the Nats to decide whether or not a Centerfielder at 26 is as valuable as a Catcher at 16.  Smart organizations have been stock piling catches lately.  Detmers might be ranked higher than Gray.  I know nothing about the other two guys.  As an Angel fan I wouldn’t give up Marsh and Detmers for those two.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Because you’ve been wrong in the past you take this dumb approach.  

So here is where we are at.  Ruiz I believe was the 16th best prospect in baseball.  So our closest would be Marsh at 26.  Now it is up to the Nats to decide whether or not a Centerfielder at 26 is as valuable as a Catcher at 16.  Smart organizations have been stock piling catches lately.  Detmers might be ranked higher than Gray.  I know nothing about the other two guys.  As an Angel fan I wouldn’t give up Marsh and Detmers for those two.  

You're constantly wrong and many here call you out again and again for your holier than thou attitude. I don't want the Angels to buy but their farm and ownership is no where near as good as the Dodgers so the Angels likely couldn't beat the offer and if Max wants to win, he wouldn't play here anyway. Not sure how it's a dumb approach to think a 37 year old pitcher would want to play for a team that can actually get to the playoffs and are favored by many to win it all over a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2014 and hovers around .500 and can't beat good teams. The Angels could have told the Nats we will give you ALL of our top prospects and Fletcher and Walsh and Max still could have told them no.

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

You're constantly wrong and many here call you out again and again for your holier than thou attitude. I don't want the Angels to buy but their farm and ownership is no where near as good as the Dodgers so the Angels likely couldn't beat the offer and if Max wants to win, he wouldn't play here anyway. Not sure how it's a dumb approach to think a 37 year old pitcher would want to play for a team that can actually get to the playoffs and are favored by many to win it all over a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2014 and hovers around .500 and can't beat good teams. The Angels could have told the Nats we will give you ALL of our top prospects and Fletcher and Walsh and Max still could have told them no.

At least I am not a victim.  You choose to create narratives that are in your head and then get mad at the Angels for not following through on something you have stuck in your head.  You are exactly right.  Max is the only one that can veto the trade.