• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fangraphs Power Rankings (Validation!)

11 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Honestly, the Angels are a bullpen away from contending.  It’s just asking too much in trying to predict when any bullpen pitcher will either self destruct or pitch well.

Three pitchers are the reason for the sweep in Oakland....

They need another good starter too. I think they are a Kyle Gibson type starter and two strong pen arms away from contending for the division. 

I think the team is better than most see. That doesnt mean theyll figure things out. The bullpen skus, and the staff is pretty weak.

But the offense is pretty plus. The listed offense numbers the other day for the team are already pretty impressive. And thats with rendon being a ghost most of the year, fletch starting off in a massive slump, and some other CF we're missing.

I think worst case scenario, we'll finally be playing meaningful games into september this year. We may never catch oakland or houston, but we should at least make it interesting. 

50 minutes ago, wopphil said:

They need another good starter too. I think they are a Kyle Gibson type starter and two strong pen arms away from contending for the division. 

Since May 1...not a bad rotation to work with.

• Ohtani: 7 GS, 39.2 IP, 2.50 ERA
  • Heaney: 7 GS, 38.2 IP, 3.96 ERA
  • Cobb: 6 GS, 32.3 IP, 3.03 ERA
  • Sandoval: 9 G/6 GS, 39 IP, 3.69 ERA
  • Canning: 8 GS, 40 IP, 3.83 ERA 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

That's crazy. Surprisingly Bundy has been the outlier with like a 8.00 ERA. 

This team is better on paper than their record shows.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Good ERAs but they need to improve on those innings though. If they don't then I don't think the bullpen will have much success. 

17 minutes ago, Revad said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Walsh and Ward have succeeded.  Someone is good with young players, wonder who that is?

Those guys are 27.   

I realize you like Maddon but his track record with young players is actually pretty spotty.  He's thrown quite a few of them under the bus over the years both in TB, and Chicago.

Ward and Walsh are both development department wins.  Neither guy resembles the player/hitters they were when they were drafted, but we have to give Maddon credit for giving Walsh at bats and allowing him to flourish.

6 hours ago, totdprods said:

I don’t expect Sandoval to continue what he has been doing, but these are fantastic numbers regardless. I think the other guys are capable of pitching like this going forward.