• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels option Barria and Rodriguez, activate Quintana, recall Quijada

mmc

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Oh man, I'm all for Suarez getting moved back into the rotation. 

In fact, if C-Rod comes along nicely the rest of the season in the minors as a starter I'd love to see something like this in 2022. 

Ohtani

(insert FA pitcher or via a trade here)

Detmers

Sandoval

Suarez

Rodriguez

Canning

Remember when Scioscia always said that you need 10-12 starting pitchers to start the season?  He was right, as usual.  I would go with this:

Ohtani

Trade Guy

Cobb/Heaney

Sandoval (I really like him)

Suarez

Canning

Depth of Barria, Detmers, Rodriguez (after he gets his innings built up), still need a couple of more.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Remember when Scioscia always said that you need 10-12 starting pitchers to start the season?  He was right, as usual.  I would go with this:

Ohtani

Trade Guy

Cobb/Heaney

Sandoval (I really like him)

Suarez

Canning

Depth of Barria, Detmers, Rodriguez (after he gets his innings built up), still need a couple of more.  

I save money on resigning Heaney or Cobb and put in Detmers and Barria. 

Thank god. I was beginning to worry that Rodriguez might not ever get the chance to be a starting pitcher and Double-A is the best level for him to get that chance. Damn the rotation is gna be sick for the Trash Pandas too with Detmers, Criswell, Hernandez, Tyler and now Rodriguez (and possibly Daniel getting the call from High-A as well).

Edited by rafibomb

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Jeff Fletcher has been wrong before and remember, nobody thought Jose Rojas and Chris Rodriguez were making the team out of spring training, including Fletcher.

Let us dream! 😛 

tenor.gif

The inner fan in me wants Detmers called up to give me another reason to get excited but another part of me wants to see him keep dominating Double-A with his new teammate Chris Rodriguez.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Lol.... His changeup is considered by most evaluators to be his best pitch.

Looking at Rodriguez's pitch distribution this season kinda bummed me out: 64% fastball, 27% slider, 5% changeup, 3% slider

Rodriguez has potentially 4 plus-pitches in his arsenal but was pigeon-holed into a two-pitch reliever in the bullpen. Thankfully, now he can get work in for all 4 of his pitches as a starter in for Rocket City.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Lol there was so much pushback on Rodriguez being in the MLB pen to start the year and now he’s going to presumably start in RCT, what most wanted, and it’s like noooo whyyy

I'm not complaining .... I thought Gubi talking about this change and 3rd 4th pitches may have been a sign they have been having him throw those in bullpens or between starts.  It really started to sound like they realized it was a waste having be a two pitch, single inning RP.

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

Looking at Rodriguez's pitch distribution this season kinda bummed me out: 64% fastball, 27% slider, 5% changeup, 3% slider

Rodriguez has potentially 4 plus-pitches in his arsenal but was pigeon-holed into a two-pitch reliever in the bullpen. Thankfully, now he can get work in for all 4 of his pitches as a starter in for Rocket City.

If you recall this was exactly what I was concerned with prior to the season.  He was getting by on pure stuff, but he wasn't developing.  Now maybe we see that.

A rotation with Ohtani, a four pitch version of CRod, Sandoval, and Detmers, is potentially sexy.  Throw in Suarez, and sign a front end guy...  Boom!

16 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

For now

Rotation: Ohtani, Heaney, Cobb, Sandoval, Bundy, Quintana

Bullpen: Iglesias, Mayers, Suarez, Canning, Claudio, Cishek, Watson, and one from Guerra, Hoyt, or Quijada

Should be enough to secure 4th place in AL west🤔

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

because we don't see him as a victim, you do.  

And that is what confuses me.

ERA+ 123 in 2018.  He ends up demoted back to AAA.  

ERA+ 130 in 2020.

Yet he is demoted to AAA.  Both Sandavol and Suerez (both players with weaker track records given chances to start).  Twice called up this year and demoted without seeing any action.

It's obvious they do not have confidence in him.  They should trade or rekease him.

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

And that is what confuses me.

ERA+ 123 in 2018.  He ends up demoted back to AAA.  

ERA+ 130 in 2020.

Yet he is demoted to AAA.  Both Sandavol and Suerez (both players with weaker track records given chances to start).  Twice called up this year and demoted without seeing any action.

It's obvious they do not have confidence in him.  They should trade or rekease him.

Both Suarez and Sandoval have been stuff.  They brought him up in case one of the starting pitchers had a short outing while he was up. Neither did.