• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels option Barria and Rodriguez, activate Quintana, recall Quijada

mmc

9 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I do hope that they don't just put Quintana back in the rotation over Sandoval. That would make little sense with how Quintana has pitched this year vs what Sandoval has been doing lately

I agree--but I still imagine that's exactly what will happen, unfortunately.  I mean, I suppose they could use Quintana as a long reliever/mop-up guy, but I have a feeling they won't actually do that.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm stoked over this decision to get Chris Rodriguez down to AA to line up with what is a damn solid starting rotation down there. 

I hope Quintana is used primarily as a long reliever like Sandoval was prior to getting moved into the rotation. 

This is what I think will happen.  With Quintana or Bundy in the pen I would be more open to putting Suarez in the rotation as well.  What I am afraid of is releasing these guys, then we have a couple of injuries and now we are rushing actual prospects onto the team and creating another Suarez situation from two years ago.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is what I think will happen.  With Quintana or Bundy in the pen I would be more open to putting Suarez in the rotation as well.  What I am afraid of is releasing these guys, then we have a couple of injuries and now we are rushing actual prospects onto the team and creating another Suarez situation from two years ago.  

Oh man, I'm all for Suarez getting moved back into the rotation. 

In fact, if C-Rod comes along nicely the rest of the season in the minors as a starter I'd love to see something like this in 2022. 

Ohtani

(insert FA pitcher or via a trade here)

Detmers

Sandoval

Suarez

Rodriguez

Canning