• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Walsh-Ward-Sandoval-Suarez-Ohtani

Just another example of YCPB (You can't predict ball). 

If this time last year, you would've said that a year from now, Taylor Ward and Jared Walsh would be our #3-4 hitters, Patrick Sandoval would be the second best starting pitcher on the staff, outperforming Bundy, Heaney and Canning, and Suarez would be a shut down multi-inning reliever (ok that one was more believable) and Shohei Ohtani would be the front runner for AL MVP, I'd  have thought you were crazy.  

Does anyone have any completely unbelievable predictions for next year?

It has to be something competent out there.  Rengifo leading the league in all-star voting at shortstop? Thaiss leading all MLB catchers in HR's? Sandoval leading the league in K's? Chris Rodriguez being mentioned among the best closers in baseball?

21 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think Rengifo is going to be a very valuable piece next year. More valuable than Fletcher.

He hopefully prevents the Halos from signing the vastly overrated and likely vastly overpriced Baez (career OBP under .310, approaching 100 Ks already in 2021).

On 6/19/2021 at 9:17 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I really hope rengifo pans out. I remember talking to Tim Meade about him once, and he was pretty high on him.

Moreso, if he and ward work out, we can feel better about that trade for pederson not going through. As in finally some luck went our way for once.

Joc Pederson and Ross Stripling are pretty awful. Arte did the Angels a favor.

8 hours ago, failos said:

Joc Pederson and Ross Stripling are pretty awful. Arte did the Angels a favor.

Actually, they haven't been awful this year....not great but not awful.....But, nothing like coming clean on Monday and admitting you were wrong....I thought Arte really screwed the pooch when he nixed the deal but it does look like Rengifo is back on track to be a good player (after a lost year in 2020) ....On the other hand, if, as reported, Arte pulled the plug on the deal simply because he got antsy waiting for the Dodgers and Red Sox to complete the Mookie Betts trade, that was dumb....let your GM do his job....