• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon

15 minutes ago, Justin said:

I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago but I recently re-listened to the Iron Eagle soundtrack for the first time since elementary school and was shocked at how much I still liked it. I guarantee I'm going to get a speeding ticket soon. You see, officer, I was listening to "Iron Eagle (Never Say Die)" by King Kobra and just couldn't help but open the throttle....

It would hold up in court, too.

You play the part of the movie when they listen to Queen, and make up 3 minutes on their schedule, just from the magic of music.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

how is it stupid?  It's all relative.  He could have retired and never have to work another day in his life even without his current contract.  

Huh????

A 9 to 5’er has to continue to work hard because he is not set no matter how big his raise may be and he can’t just retire like Rendon. Rendon can milk this contract and do nothing for the remainder. There are many examples of this happening in the past that Angels fans know well (Wells, Hamilton, Pujols). 

We already determined Rendon doesn’t care too. 

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

Huh????

A 9 to 5’er has to continue to work hard because he is not set no matter how big his raise may be and he can’t just retire like Rendon. Rendon can milk this contract and do nothing for the remainder. There are many examples of this happening in the past that Angels fans know well (Wells, Hamilton, Pujols). 

We already determined Rendon doesn’t care too. 

And of those three only Hamilton milked his contract.  You determined he didn’t care because you are “that guy”. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Not really.  If anything, giving less of an effort in your normal 9-5 prevents you from upward mobility.  Rendon never needed to work another day in his life before this contract. Also these guys are competitive by nature.  They’ve competed to get where they are and they are mostly wired differently than the rest of us.  But keep pretending he’s not trying because he got a bigger contract than the last. 

Yes, exactly. You compared Rendon not trying to a 9-5. A 9-5 has to try for the exact reason you just mentioned. Rendon doesn’t. 

Just now, robblin17 said:

Yes, exactly. You compared Rendon not trying to a 9-5. A 9-5 has to try for the exact reason you just mentioned. Rendon doesn’t. 

You aren’t this dense, I mean maybe you are. So if you were rich you’d say “fuck all” to integrity?  That says a lot about you.  

3 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

The fact that you act like people don’t do that just makes you a dumbass. 

The fact that you think they quit or give up makes you pretty shitty. If you think Albert or Wells stop trying versus just aged and regressed is pathetic. 

Just now, Stradling said:

The fact that you think they quit or give up makes you pretty shitty. If you think Albert or Wells stop trying versus just aged and regressed is pathetic. 

It’s a performance based sport. Clearly you don’t care about performance. We’ve already established that. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Hey guys it’s a performance based business so if a guy doesn’t produce it’s because he’s rich and stops trying. Jealousy and ignorance are a bad combo. 

Lol, so dumb. Have you ever been critical of a player? Ever? 

I mean Rendon, come on. Guy has been hurt three times already all soft tissue related (could be wrong). He gets hurt last night diving for a ball that he was nowhere close to. Looked like an idiot. We need him now more than ever and the guy has been pure garbage all year. 

I guess we just have different expectations on guys making $200M plus. But keep riding tall on your high horse, whatever that is good for. 

4 hours ago, Justin said:

A friend from high school visited me last month with his wife, who had never seen the movie, so we watched it. It was not nearly as funny as I remembered it. (Then we got drunk and watched Ronin, another of our favorites from back in the day. That's still awesome.)

You need new friends.

3 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Lol, so dumb. Have you ever been critical of a player? Ever? 

I mean Rendon, come on. Guy has been hurt three times already all soft tissue related (could be wrong). He gets hurt last night diving for a ball that he was nowhere close to. Looked like an idiot. We need him now more than ever and the guy has been pure garbage all year. 

I guess we just have different expectations on guys making $200M plus. But keep riding tall on your high horse, whatever that is good for. 

Yes I’ve been critical of a player. I’ve yet to be a jealous asshole.