• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aybar and Kendrick

the whole point of my post is that when you look beyond the numbers and watch the guy actually play, he hurts as much as he helps.  He's also riding a hot streak right now, which we've seen before, and pretty soon he's gonna go cold and be back down to .285, where he always is.  Disagree with me if you want, but do it respectfully and don't tell me I'm a whiner or I have no clue what I'm talking about.

So ignore the facts and base it on what you see, because what people see is the REAL truth....  

I respectfully believe you're opinions are comical.  If a high IQ is all we need dump the middle IFer and sign the Harvard keystone to league minimum deals, using your logic the team would prosper.

HK's deal is fine...2B is a tough position to find good offensive/defensive combo.  At .750-.800 OPS + above defense is a solid player

Aybar's deal is decent, I guess.  He's a still a mental midget and, if given the choice, I would have kept Segura.

Yes because that genius stole 1st base and his IQ will never be questioned.   

I am glad he is doing well, it makes him tradeable.

Use him to get some Minor League pitching from a contender before he cools off.

Ok HB, I am convinced your and idoit. You do realize that not every player is going to be an All Star, right? However, at least with Kendrick, you not only have a player that made an All Star team, he has a good chance of making the team this year too. But you want to trade him to get some minor league pitching, brilliant.

Aybar and Howie....mediocrity awarded!

Other than 1 GG season, neither of them had done anything to merit extensions.

Warm bodies filling spots, just like Callapso.

Hated it it then, and even with Howie's 2013 season...still do.

Those contracts were red flagged writings on the wall about the future.

Lock up some warm bodies and bring in some big names.

Can you imagine the board if the Angels had let Howie go or traded him and he was having the season somewhere else that he's having here this year. He would be another legend in the "Why do former Angels get better once they leave" mythology.

Can you imagine the board if the Angels had let Howie go or traded him and he was having the season somewhere else that he's having here this year. He would be another legend in the "Why do former Angels get better once they leave" mythology.

My favorite Myth. It might be the easiest to prove to be incorrect as well. Figgins and Lackey were the heat once they left. Wells had a good month in a hitters ball park, but anyone that didn't think he was capable of that was just blinded by their hate. Rodney had a great year last year, followed by returning to form this year. Texeria sucks. Hunter is playing well, but I think we all expected him to have a solid year. Vlad was pretty average after he left except for the fact that he got to hit in Texas and then Baltimore. Napoli is the exception not the norm.

• 1 month later...

Since the OP Kendrick has gone from a 2.0 WAR to a 3.1 WAR. Yeah, you ****ing nailed it.

if you can watch a game like last night's and tell me Howie is a great player that shouldn't be traded and should be locked up on a long term deal, I don't know what to tell you.

it's not one game, it's his whole ****ing career he's been doing this. dude comes up small in big situations, does all the little things to kill a ballclub.  but by all means, cling to your WAR stat and whatever you do don't actually watch the games.

it's not one game, it's his whole ****ing career he's been doing this. dude comes up small in big situations, does all the little things to kill a ballclub. but by all means, cling to your WAR stat and whatever you do don't actually watch the games.

Aaah, the "you don't watch the games" defense. And yet it took you a month of watching games to pick one where the entire team took a face plant to make a point. A point that is only supported by your annecdotal accounts of the season as seen through one game every 30.

No wonder Homebrewer is in your corner.

it's not one game, it's his whole ****ing career he's been doing this. dude comes up small in big situations, does all the little things to kill a ballclub.  but by all means, cling to your WAR stat and whatever you do don't actually watch the games.

I watch the games and I disagree completely with your assessment of Howie's career and stats do not support it either. But by all means, cling to your assessment and whatever you do, don't pay attention to stats or opinions that disagree with you.