• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB.tv and VPN problem

I've been using VPNs for lots of things for a while now. Some sites catch on quick and dump you. Others have only pegged certain servers that the VPN uses. You might have some success flipping through various locations on the VPN and finding one that works, especially using the international servers

10 hours ago, TroutBaseball said:

anyone else having problems logging into MLB.tv over a VPN?  I get logged out immediately.

MLB.tv hs gotten better at detecting VPN IP addresses in recent years, which pisses me off because Angels/Mariners games are blacked out here despite the fact that I live 2 states over from Seattle. Their blackout policy is insanely stupid. I end up finding "alternate" means when I can't VPN my way around a blackout.

This season I have stopped using VPN with mlb.tv and use a DNS redirector instead to get around the Seattle blackouts up here.  Unlocator.com for $50 a year.  Seems to work better than VPN for mlb.tv.  Yes, I am overpaying, but you have no idea how agitated I get when I can't watch the Angels merely because they are playing the Mariners.

37 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

This season I have stopped using VPN with mlb.tv and use a DNS redirector instead to get around the Seattle blackouts up here.  Unlocator.com for $50 a year.  Seems to work better than VPN for mlb.tv.  Yes, I am overpaying, but you have no idea how agitated I get when I can't watch the Angels merely because they are playing the Mariners.

getting pissed when you can't watch your under .500 team keep screwing around is an interesting conundrum.

12 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I've been using VPNs for lots of things for a while now. Some sites catch on quick and dump you. Others have only pegged certain servers that the VPN uses. You might have some success flipping through various locations on the VPN and finding one that works, especially using the international servers

Try the VPN for a Japan site. It worked for me with hola.