• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Stassi

Just now, Stradling said:

Until Stassi wears Charzar around his neck and beats up an ex-boxer he has no street credit here in Norco.  

He wears an anaconda around his neck and beat up an ex-Navy Seal. Does that count?

15 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I think Stassi is a combination of Johnny Bench, Yadier Molina and Carlton Fisk. I think he’ll get 5 years, $150 million. He will also steal Kate Upton away from Verlander and win Dancing with the Stars.

Fight me, if you disagree.

I have a better chance of getting off your ignore list

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Was it charzar around his neck?  This isn’t that difficult TG.  

It is, if I have no freakin' idea what a charzar is.

Edited by True Grich

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

I think Stassi is a combination of Johnny Bench, Yadier Molina and Carlton Fisk. I think he’ll get 5 years, $150 million. He will also steal Kate Upton away from Verlander and win Dancing with the Stars.

Ridiculous. Just ridiculous, no way does Stassi win a dancing competition. Shohei, maybe, but Stassi? No chance.

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

And cure the common cold while brewing the greatest Porter beer ever.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:23 AM, True Grich said:

Why would he steal a fat chick with kids? That's the one you dump for a young Kate Upton. 

Among catchers with at least 50 PA, Stassi leads the majors with a 187 wRC+.

1. Stassi 187

2. Posey 170

3. Haase 169

4. Castro 159

5. Realmuto 148

Of course seeing Haase (someone I've never heard of) and Jason-fucking-Castro on there offers some perspective: he's only been to the plate 57 times. But still.

53 minutes ago, Revad said:

Honestly I would have given him this year to prove himself.  Last year should not have counted.

He did some good things Ohtani, Trout signings but just horrible in FA pitchers. Minasian will benefit from Sandoval trade and drafting of Canning. Adell, Detmers, Marsh among others will help in near future. Minasian must get some starters and fix bullpen. If halos succeed in near future Minasian will get credit but foundation laid by Eppler.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:36 AM, totdprods said:

The sample size is just way too small any way you slice 2020 for me to be convinced, otherwise I would totally agree with your logic. 

Take out those first 9 games and you have 22 G/80 PA for that line you mentioned. Any fringe MLB likely has a good 80-PA stretch that isn’t indicative of long-term success (or failure). Max’s 4-4 2 HR game greatly inflates that line because the sample is so small. Between those 9 games and his 4-4 game, he hit .228/.324/.298/.622 in 19 G and 68 PA - solid for a back-up but hardly a breakout.

I get that stats can be cherry picked like crazy and a small sample like 2020 makes that so, but simply looking at Max’s daily game lines shows last year he had a couple really solid stints surrounded by nothing too amazing. It’s not an indictment - he is showing this year that he’s producing on a series-by-series basis much more as opposed to a couple big games here and there. Just a reason why I didn’t buy last year 100%. His consistency this year is changing that.

Small sample size goes both ways. It seems like a logical fallacy to critique small sample size performance with an even smaller sample size.

• 4 weeks later...