• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

10 day suspensions coming for all pitchers caught using sticky substances

mmc

47 minutes ago, Lou said:

I've never seen a bloody face at a baseball game.

I had season seats in 226 for 2 or 3 years and seeing fans walking up from the 100 section with towels on their face happened 4 or 5 times and I only went to 25 or so games a year. 

“All Major League Baseball pitchers will be checked repeatedly and randomly for foreign substances by umpires under the plan being swiftly advanced -- and perhaps implemented within the next 10 days to two weeks.”
“The discussion about penalties has been centered on suspending offenders 10 days without pay. Upon hearing this in a meeting the other day, one owner noted that the MLB Players Association might file a grievance, and the broad response around him was that the issue was too important to allow someone to get away with a light penalty. "The issue is too important for us now," said one executive.

Position players will be subject to foreign-substance checks, although the conversations are around issuing warnings initially to non-pitchers, with umpires warning catchers and others to clean up an area of concern.”

On 6/3/2021 at 11:16 PM, Taylor said:

I'd be very happy if both Cole and Bauer regressed because of this.

Yes, I know I'm a sore loser.

I would be, too. Not out of butt hurt, but that we finally dodged a bullet. (And with Cole, because it was such a let down).

Just saw this article in my feed. More out of curiosity than anything, Id like to see it happen. Just to see if what pitchers are doing is truly that game changing. 

https://dodgersway.com/2021/06/09/dodgers-trevor-bauer-contract-could-be-bust/amp/

Again. Theres a baseball page on youtube with all sorts of great content. I think its called baseball is boring or something like that. They did like a 15 minute video on bauer last year, where he admits to all this. And they broke it down between his comments, and his sudden leap to superstardom.... and makes the case its purely from doing this.

Out of curiosity alone, Im interested to see if it really is that simple.

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You really want to solve it?  Give them all the expectation that if they are caught they get the same suspension as PEDs.  

Player's Union.

Just now, WicketMaiden said:

Actually Grich, it is entirely accurate. He does need to speak to you about this, because he needs to be put right about the fact that NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM, FUCKWIT! Or something like that. 

@Taylor cares. The two of them can start a support group and share their fantasies with each other.