• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2021-2022

gotbeer

Canadiens' RFA Jesperi Kotkaniemi Tendered Offer Sheet by Hurricanes

I don't get this one.  He doesn't seem like a player that you would want to love a first and 3rd round pick over.  And looking at what the salary will be.  It's in the $4,110,732 – $6,166,096 range.  

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/kotkaje01.html

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Canadiens' RFA Jesperi Kotkaniemi Tendered Offer Sheet by Hurricanes

I don't get this one.  He doesn't seem like a player that you would want to love a first and 3rd round pick over.  And looking at what the salary will be.  It's in the $4,110,732 – $6,166,096 range.  

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/kotkaje01.html

I feel like this is just petty revenge for the Habs offer sheeting Aho 2 years ago

The Eichel saga.  No end in sight.

NHL Roundup: Canes offer sheet revenge; Eichel and Sabres met with league; and more

“I found out – there was a meeting in Buffalo, I might have my days off but I think it was Wednesday the 18th,” Friedman reported on his most recent podcast. “The League was there, the Player’s Association, Eichel, and the Sabres. I’m not sure if the doctors were there in person or via Zoom, and everyone put their cards on the table.”

The purpose of the meeting was so that the NHL and PA could hear both sides of the story. “Basically what I heard was there was no resolution,” Friedman noted. “Everyone was dug in and nothing changed, maybe that’s why Eichel made the change (from Peter Fish to Pat Brisson) to try the velvet glove instead of the hammer.”

When the session was concluded the League took the side of the Sabres while the PA backed Eichel. The drama continues.

12 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Depends how good the 1st is, don't you think. High probability Hurricanes are in the playoffs. So, no lottery and maybe a 20+ pick. Seems like a reasonable exchange.

But if they pull a SJ...

Also remember, he's still a RFA after next season.  So the minimum Carolina or Montreal has to offer is the $6.1 million.  It's a one year $6.1 million deal.  But if you want to keep him, it's more like a minimum 3 year/$18.3 million.  

As for the Canadians.  They are tight against the cap.  $6.1 for a $2 million player, is take the picks and run.  Their issue then would be center short.  But I think they can get a better center now with that money freed up.

I can understand why KK took the deal.  As he was probably only going to get a deal in the $2 million area.  But he could find himself out of the league in 2022 if he doesn't show that promise with the Hurricanes.  If he doesn't progress in a big way, no way Carolina offers him another $6.1 million deal.  So that would make him a UFA.  And maybe some team will take a chance on his potential.  I can't see it being more than a million or two a season.  He might have to take his trade back to Finland where he could make as much, and prove it there, before coming back to the NHL.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:23 AM, gotbeer said:

You know, something just came to me. Eichel fires his agent(s) to hire one who may be able to get a solution to his problem. McDavid hasn't fired his agent who was doing what when he signed a 10 year, club favorable contract with Edmonton. No short term; no out clause if the Oilers suck. 

I guess the worlds not fair for sports agents.

25 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

You know, something just came to me. Eichel fires his agent(s) to hire one who may be able to get a solution to his problem. McDavid hasn't fired his agent who was doing what when he signed a 10 year, club favorable contract with Edmonton. No short term; no out clause if the Oilers suck. 

I guess the worlds not fair for sports agents.

McDavid 8 year, $100 million.  AAV of $12.5 million.  He's getting paid like the best player in hockey that he is.  Sucks he's stuck on Edmonton.  He's kind of like the Mike Trout of the NHL.  But at least he's been in the playoffs a few times.

Also, he'll be a FA when he's 29.  

Edited by gotbeer

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

McDavid 8 year, $100 million.  AAV of $12.5 million.  He's getting paid like the best player in hockey that he is.  Sucks he's stuck on Edmonton.  He's kind of like the Mike Trout of the NHL.  But at least he's been in the playoffs a few times.

Also, he'll be a FA when he's 29.  

My mistake. I thought it was 10 years at 10M per.

So, Arizona has three 1st round and five 2nd round picks in the coming draft. Wow, not too shabby

Anaheim has their original one in each. Way to work the rebuild Bob.

In his weak defense, I guess he did work a Manson trade - with a team on his no trade list. Nice practice run. Maybe he should contact New York. They may want to add a little something for their up coming fights with Washington.

17 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

So, Arizona has three 1st round and five 2nd round picks in the coming draft. Wow, not too shabby

Anaheim has their original one in each. Way to work the rebuild Bob.

In his weak defense, I guess he did work a Manson trade - with a team on his no trade list. Nice practice run. Maybe he should contact New York. They may want to add a little something for their up coming fights with Washington.

Well, they did trade for Reaves.