• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2021-2022

gotbeer

Boom.

23, 2021chat.svg

Arizona Coyotes
Antoine Roussel · $3,000,000
Jay Beagle · $3,000,000
Loui Eriksson · $6,000,000
2021 1st round pick (VAN - #9)
2022 2nd round pick (VAN)
2023 7th round pick (VAN)
Sum: $12,000,000
Change: +$4,740,000
Trade

Vancouver Canucks
Oliver Ekman-Larsson ($990,000 retained - 12%) · $7,260,000
Conor Garland · $0 (Signing Rights)
Sum: $7,260,000
Change: -$4,740,000

On 7/20/2021 at 2:33 PM, deepdrive said:

Yeah, I wasn't saying that's what they should do. I meant if they judged him as a future top goalie, I would think taking him at 3 in this draft would be ok.

I can just see five years from now, if he pans out, teams saying, "Wow, what if we had taken Cossa." Nothing more valuable in the playoffs than having the best goalie.

So, the guru of drafting - Yzerman - had everyone looking right (Wallstedt), he fakes at 6 (Edvinsson) and then goes left at 15.

Damn, I had a feeling about Cossa.

Unless you're the player or his agent is there really an advantage to a longer contract?

I know the argument is it allows a team to sign a player for less each year, but I don't buy that. The way hockey is structured with 4 lines and a salary cap, I think paying too much for one player would falter enough that teams wouldn't do it for long.

It's not football with a quarterback or basketball with 5-6 guys playing the majority of the game, baseball with a star pitcher in the playoffs. The closest a player comes to that is the goalie and I don't know if they would over pay them that way. But maybe.

The advantage here is that Makar is 22 and already a Norris candidate and point a game Dman. You want him locked up through his prime. I would have been happy with 8 years and 10 mil. He'll be a 23 minute a night player going forward who  runs the PP, gets the O zone time with the top line, and carries the puck out of the D zone because he's the best skater on the ice. 

Umm.  That sure does seem really light.

Florida Panthers Acquire Sam Reinhart

The Sabres will receive Levi and a 2022 first-round pick in exchange for Reinhart.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/276555/devon-levi

Levi seems like a pretty good goaltending prospect.  But you know how goaltenders go.  But just a seventh round prospect and first rounder for Reinhart?

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

The advantage here is that Makar is 22 and already a Norris candidate and point a game Dman. You want him locked up through his prime. I would have been happy with 8 years and 10 mil. He'll be a 23 minute a night player going forward who  runs the PP, gets the O zone time with the top line, and carries the puck out of the D zone because he's the best skater on the ice. 

Ok, so you have him for 23-29. You then do 30-36. A good range.

23-31 leaves you with a possible 32-38+. Who wants that? So, the only sensible thing you can do is let him go at that point. 

With 6 years, you have an insurance policy for the two additional two years left on the table. You can still resign him. It maybe more. But probably not that much. What's an insurance policy for 18M worth?

The six year contract lessons the risk, increases the percentage of years the player is highly motivated and is easier to move in the years of the second signing.

Pretty much every GM who's been around has or can show you contracts that were signed for too long a period of time. But, not too many that were for too short a period. You should go with probably. That means take a 5-6 over a 7-8 anytime you can get it.

My take at least.

And in buyout news.

Edmonton Oilers To Buy Out James Neal

• 2021-22: $1,916,667
  • 2022-23: $1,916,667
  • 2023-24: $1,916,667
  • 2024-25: $1,916,667

San Jose Sharks To Buy Out Martin Jones

• 2021-22: $1,916,667
  • 2022-23: $2,416,667
  • 2023-24: $2,916,667
  • 2024-25: $1,666,667