• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2021-2022

gotbeer

Andy Strickland@andystrickland

Told Gabriel Landeskog could be asking for a salary that pays in the range of $9-$10M in the open market. He’s willing to give Colorado a hometown discount but the Avs will need to up from their last offer which came in in the $5-$6 range on a 8 yr term.

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That's about right.  That they are trying for 5-6 is way too low though.

That's just what the report says. He's at 5.7 already. I don't believe that number other than maybe to reference what Edmonton gave RNH, who was the player taken just before him in. their draft year

Yikes.

Weber situation could lead to dispute between NHL, PA

Weber is one of the last active players in the league playing on a deal that would include a cap recapture penalty from the front-loaded 14-year, $110 million contract he signed with the Nashville Predators in 2012. He is due just $12 million in actual salary over the next five seasons.

If Weber were to retire, as opposed to landing on long-term injured reserve, the Predators would face a cap charge in each of the next five seasons, starting with a $4.9 million charge in the upcoming season and building to a charge of $24.57 million in 2025-26, the final year of Weber's deal.

Knights have made a couple of minor deals. On the surface of it they appear to be trying to get younger. Acquired C Nick Howden from NYR and Nolan Patrick from Philadelphia. Neither cost them much. The most notable player going out was Cody Glass to Philly. Glass was a salary cap casualty, spent most of last season at AHL Henderson.

22 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I've heard that Montreal got Price to waive his NMC so they could protect Jake Allen. Good idea?

That's a tough one.  Price is still only 33, and just lead the Habs to the Cup finals.  But 5/$10.5 million per is a lot.  That would be 1/8 of their total cap.

Then you have how well Fleury has lead right off the bat for Vegas.  Having a high end goalie right off the bat, could be really tempting for the Kraken.  

Oh, and just realized.  Price is from an indian tribe.  North of Vancouver and Seattle.  

Edited by gotbeer

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Lol, that was a close one. I was wondering what we were going to do if we lost Deslauriers.

Is there any question going forward that BM is an incompetent fool?

Silfverberg, Manson - Really ???

3 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Lol, that was a close one. I was wondering what we were going to do if we lost Deslauriers.

Is there any question going forward that BM is an incompetent fool?

The only thing I can think of is he has a deal for them to take Henrique.  Either our first round pick, or our first round pick and Fleury.

Makes you wonder though.  With Price available, a cheap backup like Stolarz would offset the Price Salary and be a legit backup.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The only thing I can think of is he has a deal for them to take Henrique.  Either our first round pick, or our first round pick and Fleury.

Makes you wonder though.  With Price available, a cheap backup like Stolarz would offset the Price Salary and be a legit backup.

They have to take 3 goalies. I think the choice from the Ducks comes down to Stolarz or Fleury unless there's a deal. 

Ok, I've had a minute to cool my jets and look at this. This is what I see:

Bob played his 'I'm a hockey guy' card  and asked the Krackers who they wanted. He was ok with who they said. So, he exposed that player. The list he filled with players who he thought would have their feelings hurt if they weren't on it.

That's the best I got.

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I'm a little surprised the Avalanche exposed Landeskog to protect O'Connor. They must be pretty confident they have a deal in place that Seattle won't top

Or that Seattle will do a sign and trade.  They do allow that in the NHL right?  

Seattle signs him for 8 and whatever a team wants.  Then trades to say St. Louis who is interested in him.

Or, they don't value him going forward like they have in the past. They obviously don't want to tie up the money he's asking for in him.

If they sign him and that takes up Colorado's selection, I'm assuming that negates any free agent compensation. Correct? That makes it a little hard to understand.

29 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

They have to take 3 goalies. I think the choice from the Ducks comes down to Stolarz or Fleury unless there's a deal. 

Looking at the mock drafts, not much offense available.  Palat seems like the best available.  Henrique would be a second above everyone else.  With the additional benefit of signed further than a year.  So who knows.  Maybe as DD said, the Ducks asked who they wanted, and the Kraken said Henrique and they said fine.

So what does everyone think of Montreal?  

With news that Webber might be done.  Now with Price dangled.  They could go from $14 million in cap space to $32 million in cap space.  They are shaping up to be huge players in FA'cy.  

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So what does everyone think of Montreal?  

With news that Webber might be done.  Now with Price dangled.  They could go from $14 million in cap space to $32 million in cap space.  They are shaping up to be huge players in FA'cy.  

I don't think they will sit on it. So yeah, if it works out that way.