• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels during the "soft underbelly" of the year

Remember back in early May when the Angels were entering a soft stretch of their schedule and looked to make up ground they had lost? It was May 6 and they were 11-20 and starting a stretch of playing teams like Houston, Chicago, KC, Seattle, the Dodgers, etc.

Anyhow, through June 5 when they finished up a series with the White Sox the Angels were 25-34, so during that soft stretch they went 14-14. In other words, during the weakest part of the season the Angels were a .500 club. Since, playing Boston and Baltimore, they are 2-4. I think those two represent the type of team the Angels are - .500 against bad teams, .333 (or so) against good teams. Doesn't exactly scream "playoff bound."

We're now 1-3 starting off this 33-game stretch against mostly better teams, which will take us up to the All-star break.

Excluding Houston at the end of the month (they own us anyway), the combined winning pct of the teams we'll be facing is .551.

Boston  1-2

Baltimore  0-1 so far

New York Yankees

Seattle

Pittsburgh

Detroit 

Houston

St. Louis

Boston again

Chicago Cubs

Seattle again

i don't see them reaching 81 wins, or even really being that close to 500. i think this team is going to tank harder than we could've imagined. i'll predict a top ten protected pick, and possibly approaching a top 5.

it's not the individual under performance that bothers me so much as it is the approach to the game. angels baseball is bad baseball lately.

Unfortunately, there isn't another lacky out there to take on Pujols' and Hackilton's contracts, like the Guggenheims did Crawford's and Beckett's contracts.

If there was, and I was Arte, I'd be all over dealing those two to that lacky team.

Neither is EEEVER, EEEEEEEVER going to do much again.

But it would take including a good player to even attempt to find a lacky to take the other two off our hands.

The Raviners likely don't take Crawford and Beckett, if A-Gon wasn't included.