• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That Walsh bloke...

Before the season I thought he's settle in as a .270/.330/.500, 30 HR type, and I keep expecting his numbers to go down to about that level. But I'm starting to believe he might be better than that. I don't know if he'll sustain his current level--.321/.383/.588, and a 5.5 WAR pace--but I will split the difference my initial projection and his current numbers, and say that he might be a .290/.350/.550, 5 WAR guy, which makes him a star. That is far more than any of us expected.

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Before the season I thought he's settle in as a .270/.330/.500, 30 HR type, and I keep expecting his numbers to go down to about that level. But I'm starting to believe he might be better than that. I don't know if he'll sustain his current level--.321/.383/.588, and a 5.5 WAR pace--but I will split the difference my initial projection and his current numbers, and say that he might be a .290/.350/.550, 5 WAR guy, which makes him a star. That is far more than any of us expected.

Oh hell, now he's either going to drop off a cliff statistics wise or have a career ending injury. 

Damn it.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

September ‘20, April ‘21, and May ‘21 have all been eerily consistent too. A very good indicator.

I keep expecting pitchers to adjust (maybe this thread does that) but the consistency is proving that might not happen.

This is the most important indicator right here! 

I mean look at these stats... 👀

Sept (2020): .337/.368/.744 with 9 HR, 26 RBI

April (2021): .329/.398/.549 with 4 HR, 18 RBI

May (2021): .313/.367/.627 with 7 HR, 19 RBI

He keeps redefining how I see him at least. When the a Angels drafted him, I heard he was burly and could the ball far, that's all. 

After seeing him at Inland Empire, I figured he was depth fodder. Then seeing him in AAA, I thought he might be a power bat off the bench someday. Then he started pitching too and I thought he'd make a pretty unique utility option. Then late last year, I saw how hot he got and figured he'd developed into a .270/.330 25 HR hitter, which I was pleased with. Better than Albert, good enough to be our starting 1B. 

And now, I'm thinking he might be more of a .290/.350 35 HR hitter. 

And if he can keep doing this all the way through June, I might reviewer again and think .300 and 40 HR. 

Quite the journey.