• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon

45 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

That was from 2014.  I'd say he put up some great numbers since that time, so it's not really relevant to his play on the field.

The camera man catches a moment in the dugout when a player is smiling or laughing when the team is losing and that player doesn’t care about winning.  A player has a body language that doesn’t show a lot of fire and that player doesn’t care.  A player like GA glides to a ball and doesn’t have to dive, he is considered a lazy player.  Us fans are stupid.  

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The camera man catches a moment in the dugout when a player is smiling or laughing when the team is losing and that player doesn’t care about winning.  A player has a body language that doesn’t show a lot of fire and that player doesn’t care.  A player like GA glides to a ball and doesn’t have to dive, he is considered a lazy player.  Us fans are stupid.  

I think anyone who thinks they know what anyone else is feeling or thinking is dumb, period. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

33 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I think anyone who thinks they know what anyone else is feeling or thinking is dumb, period. 

Unfortunately perception is reality sometimes. In terms of GA and Rendon, both are great players with the same type of approach and mannerisms on the field of play. 

I guess in short, we want them to show the same type of emotion as we do when they fail. I always preferred the players that got pissed or celebrated after failure or success, but then again I wear my heart on my sleeve (no surprise to anyone here), so naturally I like to see others do the same. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Unfortunately perception is reality sometimes. In terms of GA and Rendon, both are great players with the same type of approach and mannerisms on the field of play. 

I guess in short, we want them to show the same type of emotion as we do when they fail. I always preferred the players that got pissed or celebrated after failure or success, but then again I wear my heart on my sleeve (no surprise to anyone here), so naturally I like to see others do the same. 

That is all well and good until we start our own narratives about the player that more times than not aren’t true.  99.99% of the players care.  But we somehow take our own beliefs and expect them to act like we want them to act and if they don’t then it is a them problem and not a perception problem.  I am not calling you out.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

That is all well and good until we start our own narratives about the player that more times than not aren’t true.  99.99% of the players care.  But we somehow take our own beliefs and expect them to act like we want them to act and if they don’t then it is a them problem and not a perception problem.  I am not calling you out.  

I agree. 

One thing I can say for a fact however is Josh Hamilton did not care. I have that on good authority from someone close to the clubhouse during his tenure here. 

That perception was reality in more ways than one. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree. 

One thing I can say for a fact however is Josh Hamilton did not care. I have that on good authority from someone close to the clubhouse during his tenure here. 

Yea, he would be part of the .01%

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don't expect a guy who's making $200-300 million to act like most of us. He's in a different universe with completely different problems.

When he blows a play on the field and then laughs he could be laughing about anything, not necessarily the play he just blew.

So yeah we don't really know what he's thinking.

On 6/8/2021 at 12:07 PM, Chuckster70 said:

I agree. 

Hamilton is human garbage.