• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon

38 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Rendon will get hot but dude it’s June and he’s got 3 home runs and is batting below .220.  How hot do you think he’s going to get ? 

He's played in 32 of 54 games...he's barely played a month of baseball.

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

Between the groin injury and the bruised knee, it should be noted that Rendon has been playing at less than 100 percent.  

Cut the guy some slack, he's obviously staying in there to try to help cover the loss of Trout. 

i don't think anyone is questioning his motivation to play the game but baseball is a results based business and he isn't producing positive results at this time. He is failing at covering for Trout

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

It's sad the ways we try to console ourselves as Angel fans.

Gotta have a sense of humor as an Angels fan.

Just laugh through it.

Also there's always some team worse than the Angels so you can laugh at them, too.

15 hours ago, True Grich said:

So what the eff would you do? Bench him? Trade him? What's your point?

He hit .234 in April, but to be fair was hitting .290 over 8 games before he hurt his groin.  Hit .200 in May and was out 11 days with the knee contusion.  He is hitting .159 since returning from the contusion (18 games).  Defensively he appears fine, but is obviously struggling at the plate and doesn't appear to be getting better.  Might consider giving him a week or so away from the daily grind to heal up the left leg and hitting stroke.  If that qualifies as bench him, then yes.     

4 hours ago, Todd said:

i don't think anyone is questioning his motivation to play the game but baseball is a results based business and he isn't producing positive results at this time. He is failing at covering for Trout

I'm not sayin, but...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/wp/2014/07/17/nationals-anthony-rendon-i-dont-watch-baseball-its-too-long-and-boring/

Staying home for the All-Star break wasn’t a big deal for Rendon, who said he never watched the game growing up. In fact, Rendon said he rarely watches the sport, preferring programs on networks such as the History channel instead.

“I don’t watch baseball — it’s too long and boring,” he said.

In addition, Rendon and his family have a rule that they won’t talk about baseball when he visits. It’s clear Rendon, 24, has been able to separate his business from his personal life.

Still not worried about him YET but maybe he really just doesn't give a shit now that he's got his fat guaranteed contract. I mean, it would certainly fit with the kind of shit luck the Angels have had as a franchise over the past several years. Still in disbelief that they somehow got Ohtani

Staying home for the All-Star break wasn’t a big deal for Rendon, who said he never watched the game growing up. In fact, Rendon said he rarely watches the sport, preferring programs on networks such as the History channel instead.

“I don’t watch baseball — it’s too long and boring,” he said.

In addition, Rendon and his family have a rule that they won’t talk about baseball when he visits. It’s clear Rendon, 24, has been able to separate his business from his personal life.

weird

6 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

Between the groin injury and the bruised knee, it should be noted that Rendon has been playing at less than 100 percent.  

Cut the guy some slack, he's obviously staying in there to try to help cover the loss of Trout. 

Except that the groin injury happened 7.5 weeks ago and the knee injury 4 weeks ago.   How long does it usually take for them to heal?

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Except that the groin injury happened 7.5 weeks ago and the knee injury 4 weeks ago.   How long does it usually take for them to heal?

The point you seem to always miss is that there is no usual. Every injury is different.

Groin injuries are especially difficult to gauge.

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

The point you seem to always miss is that there is no usual. Every injury is different.

Groin injuries are especially difficult to gauge.

If it isn’t healed then he should be resting it or whatever is necessary to get him healthy