• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pitching changes for 2021

While I'd like to see the Angels sell off as many spare parts as possible, who exactly would want any of their starters or relievers right now? As far as a fire-sale goes, a best-case scenario is that the Angels do a bit better over the next couple months and some of their pitchers' numbers improve so they're tradable assets by the deadline.

I'm sure there are some teams that would take a Bundy or Heaney or Cobb off our hands, but it would be pretty low-ball. Might as well give them a chance to put more respectable numbers up.

12 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

While I'd like to see the Angels sell off as many spare parts as possible, who exactly would want any of their starters or relievers right now? As far as a fire-sale goes, a best-case scenario is that the Angels do a bit better over the next couple months and some of their pitchers' numbers improve so they're tradable assets by the deadline.

I'm sure there are some teams that would take a Bundy or Heaney or Cobb off our hands, but it would be pretty low-ball. Might as well give them a chance to put more respectable numbers up.

I just want Barria and Sandoval experience see if they could be options in 22

Honestly i'm tired of all the pitching ideas because I have no idea what to do anymore. 
Fire sale? Sure, but don't count on highly valuable returns. 
Tank for a top draft pick? Good luck telling Trout that. 
Start 2022 with another round of 1yr deals with hopeful improvement? Watch the movie Groundhogs Day.

It's the same shit year after year with this team. To me, it doesn't matter who the GM is. The result has been the same and my gut is now telling me it's direction coming from Arte and John at the top.
Until they GTFO or change their spending habits, nothing will change. 

17 minutes ago, nando714 said:

May 24 and the season is over 

we’re on Detroit, Miami, and Baltimore level 

I definitely feel that.  On the other hand, given injuries and a truly brutal early schedule we’re only about three close games going the other way from being in decent shape.

Bundy, Heaney, Quintana, and Cobb all have FIP well under their ERA.

First order of business, do something about the stupid defensive setups that the genius employs.

Second order of business, trade away Iglesias and his bad SS defense for whatever you get, move Fletcher to SS, and call up Kean Wong to play 2B.

Third order of business, activate Stassi and limit Suzuki starts.

That just leaves the corner OF spots to clean up the defense.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Send Bundy (certainly against his will) to the bullpen in his free agent walk year??

OK.  And good fucking luck getting any free agent starting pitcher to even talk to the Angels. 

I think this is something fans made up. 

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Send Bundy (certainly against his will) to the bullpen in his free agent walk year??

OK.  And good fucking luck getting any free agent starting pitcher to even talk to the Angels. 

Who has been talking to them the last few years? Harvey, Cahill and Quintana. Just what halos need a long term contract with FA pitcher. Bundy, Heaney, Cobb and Quintana all gone at deadline or maybe before. Maybe Bundy can turn it around in bullpen. I'm not worried about Bundy I want experience for Barria and Sandoval as they may be in totation next year. 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Bundy, Heaney, Quintana, and Cobb all have FIP well under their ERA.

First order of business, do something about the stupid defensive setups that the genius employs.

Second order of business, trade away Iglesias and his bad SS defense for whatever you get, move Fletcher to SS, and call up Kean Wong to play 2B.

Third order of business, activate Stassi and limit Suzuki starts.

That just leaves the corner OF spots to clean up the defense.

In the meantime Bundy, Heaney, Cobb and Quintana all gone at deadline or sooner. They will not be here in 2022.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think this is something fans made up. 

I am not making anything up.  I am using common sense that if your organization is going to be known for throwing established starters into the bullpen against their will, you are probably not going to be an organization that is on the top of “I want to play for them” lists.

I am not suggesting that no starter ever lose his spot and have to go to the bullpen. If you are terrible that may happen.  I am just saying you better have some justification for the move that people are going to understand.

”Throw them in the bullpen” so you can audition other unproven starters probably is not going to be a good look.

3 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Or, he should try getting his ERA under 6

I don’t disagree.  He sucks right now.

And believe me I blame the Angels for this.  3 million used to be the attendance number.  Now it is the number of fans that could have told you over any number of previous off seasons that the Angels should not go into a season with the kind of rotation they go into seasons with.

I just don't get why Barria isn't an option in the Rotation? why is it that every year since Barria got called up, they are allways trying to replace him? the guy that replace's him tends to be worst! 

Sandy, I would give him a few more starts and see what he can do. At the moment he lacks a 3rd pitch and his command get can be bad at times. 

Lastly. I would put Suarez in the Bp and see if he can help the Bp. 

On 5/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, Dtwncbad said:

I am not making anything up.  I am using common sense that if your organization is going to be known for throwing established starters into the bullpen against their will, you are probably not going to be an organization that is on the top of “I want to play for them” lists.

I am not suggesting that no starter ever lose his spot and have to go to the bullpen. If you are terrible that may happen.  I am just saying you better have some justification for the move that people are going to understand.

”Throw them in the bullpen” so you can audition other unproven starters probably is not going to be a good look.

Those other unproven starters could be here next year. Will Bundy be here in August?

6 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I just don't get why Barria isn't an option in the Rotation? why is it that every year since Barria got called up, they are allways trying to replace him? the guy that replace's him tends to be worst! 

Sandy, I would give him a few more starts and see what he can do. At the moment he lacks a 3rd pitch and his command get can be bad at times. 

Lastly. I would put Suarez in the Bp and see if he can help the Bp. 

Broken record:

Barria was our best starting pitcher in 2019.  He was the second best in 2020.  

I believe his ERA as a starter for three years is better than Heaney.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:24 AM, angelsnationtalk said:

Honestly i'm tired of all the pitching ideas because I have no idea what to do anymore. 
Fire sale? Sure, but don't count on highly valuable returns. 
Tank for a top draft pick? Good luck telling Trout that. 
Start 2022 with another round of 1yr deals with hopeful improvement? Watch the movie Groundhogs Day.

It's the same shit year after year with this team. To me, it doesn't matter who the GM is. The result has been the same and my gut is now telling me it's direction coming from Arte and John at the top.
Until they GTFO or change their spending habits, nothing will change. 

I wonder what you mean about that "change their spending habits?"

Do you mean in the way the team spends on FA pitchers?

Or do you mean to spend on scouting/development staff?  

I'd definitely like to know how this team spends its money on these operations relative to other teams.   

Well, I mean, I'm fairly certain we'd not like the answer - but at least we'd know who to yell at.