• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Red Sox 5/16/2021: Fletcher out, Rojas leading off

I mean, they're behind other teams in scouting/infrastructure because it stems from the culture at the top.  Having an emotional, hands-on owner that wants to run his team like a marketing agency is never going to be as successful as teams that do their heavy lifting behind the scenes and let their on-field product speak for itself.   Arte isn't going to heavily invest in nerds and analytics while also letting the people he hires just do their jobs; that's never been his style and it never will be.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

This is a fair statement but it’s not his fault the bullpen is absolute trash.  If he keeps him in and he melts down (which he probably would have) the morons here would be calling for his head for leaving Quintana in too long.

Be careful.

2 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I’ll admit that Maddon’s quick hook was BS, but let’s not overlook the fact that the top 4 in the order are:

0-13 with 5 K’s.  That is about as dogshit as the pen and management are.

Rendon's injuries aren't helping, but a lot of people expected us to be a top offensive team in the league and we're trending towards bottom third in baseball.

We've basically been shit in all aspects.

I don’t agree with the quick hook by Joe. Having said that, Quintana had just given up the home run and then the single. The way the season has played out, the wheels might have been coming off anyway. I know the bullpen is dog shit but if you’re going to go to it, try someone else other than Sledgers.