• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Red Sox 5/16/2021: Fletcher out, Rojas leading off

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Wow, Justin Upton sucks so bad that Gosselin has to play LF in his place. 

Face Palm GIF

Wow, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. Ha ha.  That's 2 games out of the last 4 that Upton has been left out, I think? And he hit 7th in yesterday's game.  I wonder if they really might actually be considering getting rid of him at this point? 

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Wow, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. Ha ha.  That's 2 games out of the last 4 that Upton has been left out, I think? And he hit 7th in yesterday's game.  I wonder if they really might actually be considering getting rid of him at this point? 

Yeah dude, if Marsh keeps this up in AAA I can totally see him getting a promotion in the next month or two. 

Superior defensively, good contact and gets on base. Has some pop and tons of speed. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah dude, if Marsh keeps this up in AAA I can totally see him getting a promotion in the next month or two. 

Superior defensively, good contact and gets on base. Has some pop and tons of speed. 

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to this team in June/July. They could totally blow it up given the number of pending FAs. Pujols DFA is a sign they’re willing to make surprising moves too.

16 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Let's hope Quintana can pitch better and build some trade value

I would think that his trade value would be minimal, even if he pitches well for the next couple months. Teams would probably (rightly...) be concerned that he'd revert to the way he's pitched in the early part of the season.

Just now, totdprods said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to this team in June/July. They could totally blow it up given the number of pending FAs. Pujols DFA is a sign they’re willing to make surprising moves too.

What's crazy @totdprods is they could blow it up and actually be better. 

I'm really hoping Sandoval has a good start tomorrow. I'd love to see a rotation of: Ohtani, Canning, Sandoval, Detmers, Rodriguez (having Barria piggyback him to shorten his workload) and maybe someone like Packy Naughton (in AAA now) or Jose Suarez 6th in the rotation. 

Then sign one or two of these guys (not Bundy) in the offseason, or one via FA and trade for another....

Free Agents: Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Zack Greinke, Lance Lynn, Marcus Stroman, Kevin Gausman, Corey Kluber, Eduardo Rodriguez, Dylan Bundy, James Paxton, Robbie Ray, Johnny Cueto (club option), Trevor Bauer (opt-out)

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

I'm really hoping Sandoval has a good start tomorrow. I'd love to see a rotation of: Ohtani, Canning, Sandoval, Detmers, Rodriguez (having Barria piggyback him to shorten his workload) and maybe someone like Packy Naughton (in AAA now) or Jose Suarez 6th in the rotation. 

Then sign one or two of these guys (not Bundy) in the offseason, or one via FA and trade for another....

Free Agents: Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Zack Greinke, Lance Lynn, Marcus Stroman, Kevin Gausman, Corey Kluber, Eduardo Rodriguez, Dylan Bundy, James Paxton, Robbie Ray, Johnny Cueto (club option), Trevor Bauer (opt-out)

I’ve sort of fallen in love with the idea of getting Kershaw in an Angels cap.  Seems like a long shot but who knows.  I like Stroman a lot as well.  Snydergaard also, but lots of injury concerns there.  I guess that’s true of any pitcher tho. 

Just now, fan_since79 said:

DFA Upton and eat the money. It's not like Arte doesn't have billions to spare. Upton's salary is pocket change. At least he can't hurt us on the field if he's not here. Let the Dodgers sign him.

And...find someone to replace Suzuki asap.

There’s no rush to DFA Upton imo.  The team is terrible right now and they need to let Marsh and Adell cut their teeth in the minors. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Barria has been a shit every time he came in relief.  How long will it take for people recognize that!

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ve sort of fallen in love with the idea of getting Kershaw in an Angels cap.  Seems like a long shot but who knows.  I like Stroman a lot as well.  Snydergaard also, but lots of injury concerns there.  I guess that’s true of any pitcher tho. 

Every pitcher is a risk, but you got to roll the dice on some established guys every now and then. We got lucky with Bundy last year in a trade, but it appears he's returned to being Baltimore Bundy. 

Can't be hoping to get lucky with cheaper SP's like Cobb, Quintana, Harvey, Cahill, Tehran etc. So far Bauer has been worth every penny, so has Keuchel and many others. 

Some turned out to be shit, but I'd rather roll the dice with proven consistent talent from the mound than these hopeful's that haven't worked out for us.