• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It might be an attempt at a middle finger.

Fail.  Pujols is the one that looks like an fucking fool. 

I think you’re right we’re angels fans so Pujols could sign with the dodgers and hit 30 home runs

About my user name....moved here in 79.   Reggie and Tommy John followed.   Adopted the team.  I always have had the spirit of NY.  I always have contented that are our money is as green as anyone in New York and we should demand more from  the Angel Organization.   This is a team that needs to build a winning tradition.  It has been so close in the past of doing so. 

19 minutes ago, cals said:

Says you.  Now.

He won’t look like the fool when the Angels finish in last place and the Dodgers win another World Series.  Which is very likely what is going to happen.

He will have nothing to do with that, but will look like a selfish little bitch gravy training opportunist.

19 minutes ago, cals said:

And Pujols “looks like the fool” to you and like 10 other guys here.  On an Angels fan website.  To the media this is already a story of redemption and the proper send off for “one of baseballs all time greats.”

Yes he looks like a fool to me.  Yes.

To the media he looks like redemption?  That is hilarious.

How is he “redeemed” by signing to barely play with a team that doesn’t need him?

And you get a “proper send off” when you know when to go, not when you stick around to hurt your team.

GEEZ -- gotta say - well played by the Dodgers Management here - although we'll see if the lustre of the PR coup wears thin when Pujols hits into about his sixth GIDP in a row......

but still -- what a PR coup by the Dodgers - already there are dates / games to mark on the calendar:

Memorial Day May 31- Wednesday June 2 -- St. Louis at Dodger Stadium

Friday August 6 to Sunday August 8 - three game series - perfect for Albert Pujols Appreciation Day, Albert Pujols Bobble-head night and Albert Pujols headed to the HOF poster night promotions - ANGELS at DODGER STADIUM

and the Grand Finale:

Monday night Sept, 6 to Thursday (day game?) Sept. 9 at BUSCH Stadium - DODGERS at St. Louis.

think they''ll sell a few tickets?

What a PR nightmare for the Angels.  And, YES - I think Albert's bat will come alive a key moments as he will be very motivated -- but let's see how much actual playing time at 1B he gets -- I think primarily PH, some DH vs AL teams and lot of Pinch runners for him.

this deal was about 5% about Dodgers filling a hole in their roster (what hole?) and 95% about poking a stick in the eye of the Angels and Arte (pay back for calling off that Stripling/ Pederson deal perhaps) .

Pretty effective and well played by the Dodgers IMO.

again, we'll see how well it looks when a few Dodger rallies get killed with Albert's GIDPs

2 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

It would be funny if the Dodgers end up with more playoff wins with Pujols than the Angels. And Pujols ends up with more dodger playoff wins than Trout does with the angels 

If they do, it won't be because of Pujols. 

AND YES - I'll be rooting for Albert to do well.

that September Dodgers at Busch Stadium four game set in St.Louis ought to be something.

and a proper send off for a true HOF player.  

Look - this is a big middle finger at Arte and the Angels - I get it - I still think the Halos handled the situation poorly and probably should have had that DFA discussion with Pujols in mid-March -- 

But as Angel fans (y'all can shout me down now if you want, it's OK) I think we need to rise above all that and hope that a true HOF'er who overall had pretty good stats for us for 10 years (not the St. Louis phase stats - but truly - who expected that?) gets to leave the game with the plaudits and farewell tour he absolutely deserves. I am rooting for him to do well. Even against us.  My respect for him and what he has meant to the game and the Angels leads me to that way of looking at the situation. (Disclosure time - I am also a Cardinals fan).

one of the things that has bothered me about Albert's Angels career is that the slow start he got off to that very first year defined his Angels time for the media and others and that was the perception. And - Yes - he got off to an awful start -- but he rebounded stat wise and his stats for about an 8 year period were pretty good - not great - not All Star level - but pretty good -- now -true the past 2 almost 3 seasons he was a liability on the base paths  (you could pencil in the GIDPs in the scorecard before the game started) and more recently on Defense at 1B - but overall - had pretty good stats during his Angels time.

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Every Dodgers fan i know absolutely hates this move. 

LOU - I'll bet that's absolutely true.

the only Dodger folks loving this are the front office and PR staff.

the pitching staff is probably concerned the Dodgers might actually let him play some 1B

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Let’s cut all of the noise and deal with reality.

Pujols sucks and he is now taking up a roster spot on the Dodgers instead of the Angels.

That is 100% a plus for the Angels.

This is the cold hard 'just the facts ma'am' reality of it with a dose of "MLB is a business"

I agree.

Still - I think the Dodgers scored PR coup points and the Angels look bad by the way they handled this.

And to top it all off - the Angels have somehow managed to play even worse since letting Pujols go.

Meanwhile - not sure if Pujols is what the Dodgers need to end their mysterious recent slide after a fabulous start.

NOW - think about this - the Dodgers right now have some key folks on the IR (Bellinger,  and McKenzie (name is wrong something like that, 2B-OF utility guy) the new rookie guy who was doing well then got hurt.  When these guys return the Dodgers may be facing a roster move decision like the Angels faced less than a month ago -- who goes? a productive bench depth guy or Pujols - who by then will have racked up a few frustrating rally killing GIDPs -- and under the new rules (in effect this year or next year?) there's no longer that expand the roster in September to any number of players you can fit  on your bench -- so the Dodgers may be weighing another DFA situation.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

How is it a PR coup when Dodger fans hate it and he's going to suck.

I guess if they want to use a roster spot to sell a couple thousand jerseys to fans who don’t know the difference between 2011 and 2021, then I guess it is a coup.

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

How is it a PR coup when Dodger fans hate it and he's going to suck.

Their Dominican beat writer - who courageously refrained from ranting about the situation last weekend - will love it. 

PR embarrassment. Not necessarily on the field. But expectations for Pujols will be minimal. A few hits and RBIs  against lefties occasionally. Pinch hitters rarely have good stats, so his won't differ from the norm. 

What about the personal service future? This is a slap in the face to Arte and the Angels. Really, in all honesty who wants him back in the organization for ten years? His Angels career was a  tremendous failure. Who wants to be reminded of it? His heart is in St Louis anyhow.